Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

"Movies on RTE, sponsored by Despicable Me 2"...

Movies sponsored by movies?

Dafuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Birds sh1tting on my car :mad:

Also, when you park under a sycamore tree and that gooey sticky tree crap coats your windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People keeping money in places it shouldn't be kept i.e in their bras,underwear or socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Sooo pissed off, got the crew to record stones at Glastonbury, no space, so got them to erase most of the ****e yes ****e they had on there and they said yeah all good will record it for you. sitting with my cuppa now only part recorded. I'm spitting fecking feathers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

probably mentioned in a previous post but feck it im gona repeat it. why in aldi and lidl when you pay for your goods is their such a small space to pack your bags afterwards. Just puts unnecessary pressure on to pack backs....i dont like it and it pisses me right off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭veryangryman

keano2012 wrote: »
    probably mentioned in a previous post but feck it im gona repeat it. why in aldi and lidl when you pay for your goods is their such a small space to pack your bags afterwards. Just puts unnecessary pressure on to pack backs....i dont like it and it pisses me right off!

This trivial thing, while annoying is a necessary evil to counteract a different and worse annoyance i.e Slow queues. I bet you got out of there quicker than Dunnes or SuperValu. And with more cash in your pocket too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

This trivial thing, while annoying is a necessary evil to counteract a different and worse annoyance i.e Slow queues. I bet you got out of there quicker than Dunnes or SuperValu. And with more cash in your pocket too.

maybe cheaper but not so sure about the queues....that's another thing that annoys me about lidl and aldi....why do they only ever seem to have 2 checkouts open even if their is mad queues? plus when people go to aldi or lidl they seem to bulk buy so takes ages as well. With so many people bulk buying why have such a small space to pack bags.....at least in dunnes and tesco you have self checkouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Butter that doesn't stick to the knife... Happened to me one time to many after a seriously bad day. I bit my lip hard enough to draw blood, stabbed the counter (It just bent the knife...) and proceeded to stick my fingers into the tub, scooping the butter out and mashing it over my toast. It stuck to my fingers just fine! I then sat down and enjoyed my buttered/ slightly bloody toast.
    Not my proudest moment.. First world problems eh? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When your watching TV & the sound for the programme / film you are watching is grand, but as soon as an ad break comes on, the volume is 10x greater.

Seriously wtf !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    When your watching TV & the sound for the programme / film you are watching is grand, but as soon as an ad break comes on, the volume is 10x greater.

Seriously wtf !!!

They do it on purpose, to wake you up for the adverts just in case you were falling asleep during the film. I pretty much watch all my stuff pre-recorded nowadays so I can avoid the adverts.

(Not that there's a whole lot on tv worth watching these days, but that's only IMO, even the History and Discovery channels have gone to shìt :().

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

keano2012 wrote: »
    maybe cheaper but not so sure about the queues....that's another thing that annoys me about lidl and aldi....why do they only ever seem to have 2 checkouts open even if their is mad queues? plus when people go to aldi or lidl they seem to bulk buy so takes ages as well. With so many people bulk buying why have such a small space to pack bags.....at least in dunnes and tesco you have self checkouts.

I think the idea is that you put your items into the trolley then move back to the window area (which is normally a fairly large area) to pack your items they way you want to. Some people are particular about what goes into certain bags which can take up a lot of time at the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Aldi and Lidl have the fastest queues of any of them and they're the only places that open extra tills the minute they're needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

Cashiers in shops putting the change on the counter, instead of into your hand.

Also, when they put the notes into your hand first, and all the coins on top of the notes! It's so awkward!!
    Coins first please!! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Czarcasm wrote: »
    They do it on purpose, to wake you up for the adverts just in case you were falling asleep during the film.

Plus, they know that many people like to get up during the ads to make a cuppa tea, it's louder so you can hear them from the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who just fricking wander about aimlessly getting in my way when I'm shopping. Annoys the Hell out of me. You know the ones, you're walking behind them and you go to the right to pass them by as they're ambling along at a snails pace, only for them to suddenly stop dead in front of you causing you to stop suddenly or trip over them or they just move right out in front of you as you're trying to get past them.

They're fcuking everywhere, shops, supermarkets, footpaths, everywhere. It's like they're human cattle but I'm not aloud to get a length of hose pipe and herd them along. They don't seem to have a fricking clue where they're going and what's worse they feel that since they have all day to do nothing that you should freaking accomodate their being bloody stupid. DIE DIE DIE, IDIOTS:mad: Ya see this is the problem with modern technology and medicine preventing evolution from doing it's job, the truly fcuking stupid aren't being picked off and so continue to breed and annoy the bejasus out of some of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Most parents with young children who complain, but in a really martyr-esque way, about early starts or interrupted sleep. Stop looking for medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Females that whinge about the Toilet seat being left up

It's more hassle for us to bend down & lift the fukin thing!

All they have to do is stick out a fingernail & flick it down.

Would they rather we just plssed all over it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Also, when you park under a sycamore tree and that gooey sticky tree crap coats your windscreen.

Cherry blossoms ****ting petals all over your car. I just bought a house that has cherry blossom trees and I'll be doing my whole street a favour when I cut them down and replace them with real cherry trees.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People who just fricking wander about aimlessly getting in my way when I'm shopping. Annoys the Hell out of me. You know the ones, you're walking behind them and you go to the right to pass them by as they're ambling along at a snails pace, only for them to suddenly stop dead in front of you causing you to stop suddenly or trip over them or they just move right out in front of you as you're trying to get past them.

They're fcuking everywhere, shops, supermarkets, footpaths, everywhere. It's like they're human cattle but I'm not aloud to get a length of hose pipe and herd them along. They don't seem to have a fricking clue where they're going and what's worse they feel that since they have all day to do nothing that you should freaking accomodate their being bloody stupid. DIE DIE DIE, IDIOTS:mad: Ya see this is the problem with modern technology and medicine preventing evolution from doing it's job, the truly fcuking stupid aren't being picked off and so continue to breed and annoy the bejasus out of some of us.

I firmly believe that electronic cattle prods should be legal to use in this instance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The way that clothes shops put nice clothes on a mannequin but hide the rack of them somewhere so you go in to find the t-shirt you like and spend the next 2 hours wandering around trying to find the fecking thing. It's one of the reasons I hate shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The way women manage to spend so long in fitting rooms, even when there is a maximum amount of clothes they are allowed to take in :confused:

They are cousins to those who walk aimlessly, slowly and....(wrecks my head the most)...diagonally! I find these ones very difficult to pass. They usually start just left or right of the middle of the pavement, and then veer slowly over to the side you are overtaking on. Cant use the other side - oncoming people. Maaaaaaaaddening! Pick a fuuckin side! We should have different lanes for walking in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Feed Gizmo after midnight and he'll turn into a mad killer gremlin. But every time is after midnight. When is it ok to feed him?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

keano_afc wrote: »
    Feed Gizmo after midnight and he'll turn into a mad killer gremlin. But every time is after midnight. When is it ok to feed him?

Thank you! That's a stupid film anyway.

People who whistle or sing aimlessly. You just know those 6 or 7 notes do not form a part of any song known to man. They are mere mental loo scrapings spewed out to give the impression that the person spewing them is relaxed and confident...usually its the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    They are cousins to those who walk aimlessly, slowly and....(wrecks my head the most)...diagonally! I find these ones very difficult to pass. They usually start just left or right of the middle of the pavement, and then veer slowly over to the side you are overtaking on. Cant use the other side - oncoming people. Maaaaaaaaddening! Pick a fuuckin side! We should have different lanes for walking in :D

Remember, only overtake the person in front when it is safe to do so. Always expect the unexpected.
    And never, ever drink and walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

TV3/3e - Biggest pile of s**t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Overly tactile people. You do not need to place a hand on a persons hip/ lower back every time you pass them when there is 5feet of space :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

TV3/3e - Biggest pile of s**t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

TV3 has a strange obsession with travellers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement