Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Overly tactile people. You do not need to place a hand on a persons hip/ lower back every time you pass them when there is 5feet of space :(.

That's not even tactile, that's just out and out creepy!

You'd hate me though -

Small kitchen in the office, a while back I accidentally doggy style jammed one of the girls head first into the open dishwasher (I didn't see her as she was bent over emptying the dishwasher!), I got a woeful fright and recoiled backwards... only to jam the girl standing behind me up against the worktop! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Czarcasm wrote: »
    That's not even tactile, that's just out and out creepy!

You'd hate me though -

Small kitchen in the office, a while back I accidentally doggy style jammed one of the girls head first into the open dishwasher (I didn't see her as she was bent over emptying the dishwasher!), I got a woeful fright and recoiled backwards... only to jam the girl standing behind me up against the worktop! :o

Well that's your story and you're sticking to it anyway...right? Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

LizT wrote: »
    Thank you! That's a stupid film anyway.
    You're a stupid film :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭RedSeven7

TV3/3e - Biggest pile of s**t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

All the women on TV3 have the same voice - do they train them to speak in that unbearable D4 accent?!!:confused:

My local shop has 4 spaces outside and the same wa**er parks horizontally across it every single morning.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

People who don't close the internal doors of a house when they are going out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Saw a woman parked outside the deli this morning open her door and dump a massive pile of cigarette butts on the ground. There was a bin about six feet from her car, the lazy littering fuk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Why?, when using the auto spellings correct function, red line under the word, you right click on it. menu pops open. They put the word all the way to the top of the menu, Why?, Why else would i be ****in there. fix the damn word and lets go......

People who break up a word with a swear ......absofu**inglutely , terr******* riffic etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Mariasofia wrote: »
    People who break up a word with a swear ......absofu**inglutely , terr******* riffic etc.....

Scunthorpe ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Originally Posted by Camrat
    My local Tescos increases the price of certain product's Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sunday's. It's not much only 50cent here a euro there. but it pisses me off. Why can they charge more at weekends.

How is this legal?

This.

@double GG
    This...........i'm referring to more than one shop (Multiple stores) My local tescos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Im gonna say two things here.
    People who pull out in front of you, say on an 80k road. Not so much that you have to "stick it to the road" to avoid them , just enough that you have to slow down reasonably quickly to accommodate them. Now I think 'fine' they're probably in a hurry. I have no problem giving way to faster drivers.
    Then they proceed along at 60kmh.......
    WHY THE HELL DID YOU PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME WHEN I WAS CLOSE IF YOURE GOING TO GO SLOWER THAN ME!?!?!?!?

Youre driving along an 80k road, moving a little, doing around 90k (little more in places) and theres a car behind you. Not too close, infact usually a fair bit back. No problem. Then you hit a town. Now Im not a "model driver" but there are two things Ill never do when behind the wheel. 1: Drink. 2: Do more than 50k in a busy area with that limit. So you slow down and cruise along. Meanwhile, the semi-retard a mile back is suddenly so close to your arse you can actually make out his eye colour in your mirror. Then, just as youre leaving the town, he seizes the opportunity and overtakes you before youve left the 50k zone. An then travels at just below the speed limit, say 75kmr.
    I truly believe we should be allowed to ram these people off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Schmucks with no apparent humour indicator. If something is clearly a joke, don't get on your high horse and try to make the other person feel bad. What they said didn't actually happen. It is make-believe, and you are an idiot.

EDIT: Also, this is becoming increasingly annoying. The idea that any words, phrases or the like making it into Ireland as being just the worst thing ever. Like that "Chavs" thread a while back. It's a fucking word, get over it. Language changes and becomes more and more homogenised. If it bugs you, tough shit, get over it or piss off to an island that hasn't had any outside influence since history began. If people fifty years ago heard you using phrases like you do, they'd think the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Im gonna say two things here.
    People who pull out in front of you, say on an 80k road. Not so much that you have to "stick it to the road" to avoid them , just enough that you have to slow down reasonably quickly to accommodate them. Now I think 'fine' they're probably in a hurry. I have no problem giving way to faster drivers.
    Then they proceed along at 60kmh.......
    WHY THE HELL DID YOU PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME WHEN I WAS CLOSE IF YOURE GOING TO GO SLOWER THAN ME!?!?!?!?

THIS!! nail on the head !!!!

• People pressing for the green man, with little traffic on the road. Yes, road safety and all that good stuff, but annoying nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

People pressing for the green man, with little traffic on the road. Yes, road safety and all that good stuff, but annoying nonetheless.

Don't get me started, the one on the bridge at Milltown, they never look, empty road, hit the button and cross verryyyy slowly. Further up the road, outside the Corner House, they hit the button for ****s and giggles, I followed a couple of them up the road giving abuse the other night, hic. The useless ladybits'll probably do the same thing again though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

My housemate, who sleeps on the floor below me, wakes up at 8 every morning and proceeds to spend at least ten minutes clearing his throat and coughing. This happens every morning, annoys the sheight outta me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People who use alot of american slang, you guys, awesome ,and who buy mostly brand label clothes ,eg levis, etc
    Women who wear crop tops, who are overweight .
    Working class people who spend 1000 euros,on communion , limos etc

its a religious ceremony ,not a chance to impress the neighbours.
    PEOPLE of any class , who use the f word every five minutes.
    A SWEARWORD becomes meaningless if you use it 100 times every day.
    People who drive round ,and throw cigarette packets ,sweet bags out the window,
    ie they think ireland is a literally a dump.
    PEOPLE Who say everybody does it,

eg i smoke hash, i use other drugs,everybody does it.
    Any cigarette is bad for you,
    at this point smoking hash is not cool or smart ,no more than getting a tatoo on your neck .
    Unless you need it as a painkiller for medical reasons ,its just stupid and bad for your health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

YouTube - "This video is not available on mobile", "This video content is not available in your country", etc...

Well if they can detect I'm using a mobile in Ireland, can they not just filter out the results that don't meet their criteria instead of having me click into them and THEN find out I can't watch them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

1. People who leave the tiniest bit of food on their plate, just fcuking finish it!

2. People who refuse to go over 80 km/hr in a 100 km/ hr zone.

3. People who put on phone voices.

4. People who can't hand me my change, instead just set it on the counter.

5. People who lick their finger to turn a page in a book.

6. People who have serious b.o but don't do anything about it.

7. People who piss on the toilet seat and don't wipe it.

8. People who use a picture of themselves and a friend as their profile picture. Oh well done you have a friend, is this a joint account?

9. People who offer me a cup of tea when it is 25 degrees outside, stick your tea up your hole and get me a cold drink you delinquent.

10. PEOPLE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Czarcasm wrote: »
    People who can't be àrsed to flush the toilet after themselves! :(

This!

Every monday morning here in work you are guaranteed some dirty filthy minging bastard will leave something that resembles a tree branch clogging the bottom of the toilet. Some of these things won't actually flush they are that big and the smell too... The fcuker that done it must have hobbled out of the jacks ala John Wayne with a torn hole and about a stone lighter.

The poor contract cleaner needs a chain saw to clear the toilet and is nothing short of a war hero in my eyes for having to deal with that shít (pun intended).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's a slightly drizzly morning with some showers here and there, that does not necessitate wearing wellies... you absolute mongs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

SimonLynch wrote: »
    Don't get me started, the one on the bridge at Milltown, they never look, empty road, hit the button and cross verryyyy slowly. Further up the road, outside the Corner House, they hit the button for ****s and giggles, I followed a couple of them up the road giving abuse the other night, hic. The useless ladybits'll probably do the same thing again though. :(

Posters using local land marks and townlands in posts because everyone on boards lives there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Umbrellas....i hate them- i have to dodge and weave around them. And as for people who text while walking under an umbrella- you are fcuking idiots and i hate you even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

SimonLynch wrote: »
    Ihave limited hearing and am trying to get the kids to cross properly using the green man.Doesnt help matters when people like you act like an eejit.

People who don't salute you when you pull in to allow them pass on a piece of road where two cars can't pass or when you let them out from a junction in front of you etc.

Being from the country I'm used to everyone saluting everyone to say hello never mind if you do one of the above but I find people in the city are terrible for not doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People who walk slowly and meander on a public footpath. I just want to punch slow walking people in the back of the head. If they are frail or have a disability then of course they can't help it but if it's just some gormless fcukwit on the likes of Grafton Street walking really slowly and stopping randomly for no reason then just GET MOVING FFS!!! Grrrrr! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Drivers who rev the engine a little as if about to take off when you are crossing with a red man...when you can clearly see that they can't go because traffic crossing them still has the green light.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

keano2012 wrote: »
    Umbrellas....i hate them- i have to dodge and weave around them. And as for people who text while walking under an umbrella- you are fcuking idiots and i hate you even more!

Also a nightmare if you're tall because all the shorter people hold their umbrellas with the prongs exactly at your eye-level, meaning you risk losing an eye every time you walk on a crowd street in the rain :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

tea bags left in the sink....:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement