Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

so are you the female that gets stuck with it all?

No, I'm the male that tries to pull his weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

That annoying bar on YouTube which says "Watch the Wimbelton quarter final live now!" And when you click on it "sorry the user has made this content unavailable in your country".
    Like wtf?! If I can't bloody watch it then why bloody advertise it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When websites change their perfectly fine designs to new, crap ones for no reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    There's some lemony smelling soap you can get that it's such a pungent lemon smell it stays right down to when the soap is nearly finished, I can't think of the name of it though but mind you it'd take tar off the roads, definitely not for sensitive skin, but great for washing the day off in the shower! :D

Oooh might try find it :) I love citrus flavours, they just smell clean :) Only recently discovered how nice it is to take a shower before bed. I always preferred first thing in the morning but now its both. The water has to be just a little bit too hot, and a good bar of soap, fresh jammies and a mug of camomile tea - heaven :D (and I'm officially old :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭club goldgrain

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oooh might try find it :) I love citrus flavours, they just smell clean :) Only recently discovered how nice it is to take a shower before bed. I always preferred first thing in the morning but now its both. The water has to be just a little bit too hot, and a good bar of soap, fresh jammies and a mug of camomile tea - heaven :D (and I'm officially old :()

that's is a sure sign of age alright,
    me i like the bath,hot ,bubbley and music...snap i'm old too:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    Cyclists not using the bloody cycle lane on the foothpath, get off the road!

Pedestrians walking in the cycle lane that's beside the footpath. Get out of the cycle lane.

Also motorists who think they are the only ones allowed to use the road.

• Cyclists thinking that just because they're on a bicycle, the rules of the road don't apply to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Eircom..........:mad:

Cyclists thinking that just because they're on a bicycle, the rules of the road don't apply to them.

That one does annoy the hell out of me as well as it does with motorists that break red lights, or park in cycle lanes or bus lanes, or drive in bus lanes to skip traffic, or stopping in junction boxes etc... basically bad road manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Camrat wrote: »
    Eircom..........:mad:

Worse - people who still think eircom are the only broadband provider in this country, then get shafted with a 70mb package for €80 a month, to get on the Internet with their ten year old desktop, just so they can go on Facebook...

Bite down, bite down hard... and relax :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you walk into McDonalds and stand looking up at the menus, trying to decide what you want and there are always 4 or 5 cashiers free and waiting to serve you, some even call you even though you are clearly making your mind up. Yet when you go in knowing exactly what you want....there's a queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Original Source lemon shower gel, nothing nasty in it and actually made with loads of lemons costs 1.49 in supermarkets. If you're flush L'occitane verbena is a lovely shower gel too. I'm on the budget original source though but it's lovely and refreshing and not tested on furries either.

Original Source lemon shower gel, nothing nasty in it and actually made with loads of lemons costs 1.49 in supermarkets. If you're flush L'occitane verbena is a lovely shower gel too. I'm on the budget original source though but it's lovely and refreshing and not tested on furries either.

Having tested the tea tree original source on my own furry bits, I can see why! It was like somebody had set fire to them! :pac:

You'll come out of the shower feeling like somebody cattle prodded your whole body, it's THAT kind of "refreshing!" :D

While I'm here, I wasn't going to say anything but I can't keep it in now -

Grown men and women holding hands in public - STOP THAT!

I haven't held hands with a woman since I was a child, and she was my mother, I can make my own way around without being led by the hand!

Bloody walking down the street today and some middle-aged couple came out of a restaurant in front of me on the path. "I'll just pass them out" I thought. Next thing they took hold of each others hands and I just... "You're not fcuking serious!" :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Henman Hill/Murray Mound etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Same brand shampoo bottles and conditioner bottles that are so alike it takes ages to work out which is which, every time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Get onto a nice empty bus hoping for a quick journey and on
    the next stop the entire spanish armada gets on. And none of them
    have the correct change to make it a quick ordeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I,M in the queue , in the supermarket,
    the person in front buy 5 euros, worth of grocerys , then pay by credit card.
    which takes 3 minutes to process.
    Cmon ,you really don,t have 5 euro cash to spare?

news website that have ADS That play music ,or audio, ,
    automatically when you go there.
    ADS should always be silent ,with an audio on button ,
    if you want sound on,you can click it on.

riclad wrote: »
    news website that have ADS That play music ,or audio, ,
    automatically when you go their.
    ADS should always be silent ,with an audio on button ,
    if you want sound on,you can click it on.

Reminds me of those adverts on websites decades ago that used have the smileys for MSN that when the page would load you'd hear "Hellooo! Hellooo!", fcuking annoying as hell, that was before Adblock though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don,t want to use adblock, most websites depend on ads to pay the bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

riclad wrote: »
    I don,t want to use adblock, most websites depend on ads to pay the bills.

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Toothache. Toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache toothache.
    Did i mention toothache?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Parking in the disabled spots in my local Tesco

Security man 15 metres away just inside the door and he doesn't give a fook.
    Or maybe he was told to do nothing by management.

There are over 200 spaces and most less then 60 seconds walk! What's your excuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    People cycling on footpaths. Really gets on my tits. :mad:

Footpaths are for feet, a bicycle is a vehicle. O'Connell st is really bad for it. Hate it the most when your strolling along minding your own business and some fuk zips right past you from behind, it scares the crap out of me.
    Every time I see a cyclist coming speeding toward me I have to fight the urge to stick my arm out and clothesline the kunt off their bike :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

I recently bought a new laptop, expensive enough one and noticed as soon as i opened it that those two little stickers (you know the ones, concerning the processor and graphics card installed) on the bottom right of the keyboards were crooked. I know it's not the most stimulating of jobs to be applying those stickers to laptops 12 hours a day, 7 days a week but to have them correctly aligned is the least you could ask for when forking out a 4 figure sum. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

becost wrote: »
    I recently bought a new laptop, expensive enough one and noticed as soon as i opened it that those two little stickers (you know the ones, concerning the processor and graphics card installed) on the bottom right of the keyboards were crooked. I know it's not the most stimulating of jobs to be applying those stickers to laptops 12 hours a day, 7 days a week but to have them correctly aligned is the least you could ask for when forking out a 4 figure sum. :cool:

How much did your laptop cost?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

136,000,000,000 Zimbabwean dollars

Footpaths are for feet, a bicycle is a vehicle

Better not tell the wheelchair bound this startling revelation. Particularly the ones using motorised wheelchairs.

• Where do skateboards and scooters belong?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Footpaths are for feet, a bicycle is a vehicle. O'Connell st is really bad for it. Hate it the most when your strolling along minding your own business and some fuk zips right past you from behind, it scares the crap out of me.
    Every time I see a cyclist coming speeding toward me I have to fight the urge to stick my arm out and clothesline the kunt off their bike :mad:

:mad: This. Got lamped out of it by a guy on a bike cycling on the path when I was 8 months pregnant, after just stepping out of a shop door.
    Also, cyclists not using the cycle paths when they're actually in good nick, and using the middle of the road instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

:mad: This. Got lamped out of it by a guy on a bike cycling on the path when I was 8 months pregnant, after just stepping out of a shop door.
    Also, cyclists not using the cycle paths when they're actually in good nick, and using the middle of the road instead.

was in phoenix park today and their was old guys cycling on the footpath as well! WTF! there was so many people walking in....the roads were empty! i really really just would like to give one of them a kick off their bike one day...just one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement