Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Amy33 wrote: »
    People who dunk biscuits in their tea or coffee, it looks terrible and where is the appeal in a soggy biscuit?
    :D
    Come round and I'll show you Amy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

beckman wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone knows someone or has seen someone do this, but people who pose the same way in every single picture that is taken of them like they know which is their good side so always have that tuned to the camera, chin down , eyes up.....fake smile plastered on their face.....I've been on a couple of pages on facebook where the person looks the same in every single picture....looks so fake......I never even think to have some stupid pose when I'm having my picture taken.........
    Or when someone says I'll Facebook you and you say I don't have a Facebook thing and they gasp in horror or think you're lying to avoid them. If I was trying to avoid you I would have avoided you in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭doubleyoubee

nobody wants to see the saggy underwear of an aging woman.

Youd think that and yet my Internet browsing history begs to differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Jaggy

Working in a shop and everyone informing me it's cold outside, talking about how cold it is, how shocking the weather is.

I know. I did have to go outside to get here this morning. I'm also surrounded by fridges.

People using "hardy" to say it's cold.

People using "soft" to say it's raining.

I think everything else has been covered in here already.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

When your sitting in a pub watching a match and some clown walks in spots a buddy of theirs in the front seat and goes over and stands beside them blocking half the audience. Get the F*#k out of the way you ignorant sh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

This has probably been said already, but when people (not to generalise but it seems to be mainly women) who get on a bus/buy stuff in the shop and DON'T HAVE THE MONEY READY. WHY?!?! You know you're going to be asked to pay them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

People watching football in pubs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

A neighbour of mine recently had a washing line put up so high that its actually above the sensor light in her garden. She got a tradesman in to install metal poles on top of her 6 foot wall. Its bright orange so is impossible not to see it. This means that the first thing I'll see when I open the bedroom curtains every morning is a bright orange rope straight in front of me.
    For goodness sake the woman lives alone in a 3 bedroomed house, could she not get a clothes horse or a tumble dryer. I don't know why she just couldn't leave the washing line at the height it was at before, nobody wants to see the saggy underwear of an aging woman.

I see what you mean but she's probably too long used to the fresh smell of clothesline laundry and cant resist when the chance is there to dry them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

Let them cross.

You've annoyed me.

ehhhhhh, that was my point, i HAD stopped to let them cross, then they decided to turn around, and walk off in some other direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

People who go out, spend half the night checking facebook on their smartphone and the other half randomly constructing "fun" looking scenarios to take photos of to put up on facebook to prove to the world that they have a life. I'm much happier having fun and not remembering it than spending my time trying to prove to other people that I had fun.

If there's ever anything that I can't go to, I tend to judge the quality of the night by how much of it ends up on Facebook the next day. Lots of photos/statuses always means I didn't miss much (a fact often confirmed by the people who were there).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Boombastic wrote: »
    People watching football in pubs. :(

Big screen TV, beer and space for a group of lads. A pub is the perfect place to watch football.

razorgil wrote: »
    ehhhhhh, that was my point, i HAD stopped to let them cross, then they decided to turn around, and walk off in some other direction

No, as in the word 'let' vs. the word 'leave'. Or at least I assumed that's what was meant.

It annoys me when people say 'leave' when they mean to allow (unless it's 'being given leave' to do something). It also annoys me when people say 'let' as in 'let them alone'. I've been told before that the words are interchangeable but in my head it just sounds irksome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

People who correct other peoples grammar, that's another thing that annoy's me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

too many to list. Everything at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Amy33 wrote: »
    People who dunk biscuits in their tea or coffee, it looks terrible and where is the appeal in a soggy biscuit?
    Heretic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

TheBza wrote: »
    People who correct other peoples grammar, that's another thing that annoy's me

*twitch*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

TheBza wrote: »
    people who corect oter peoples gramerr, thats another thing tat annoy's me

Fixed your post for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

I'm freaked!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This has probably been said already, but when people (not to generalise but it seems to be mainly women) who get on a bus/buy stuff in the shop and DON'T HAVE THE MONEY READY. WHY?!?! You know you're going to be asked to pay them!!!

Woman got on the bus the other day while on the phone, finished her conversation, THEN went looking for change. Bus driver should have told her to fúck off for holding up the bus. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Resealable packets that don't reseal.
    In film and TV when two people have a 'private word', two feet away from the person they're having the private word about.
    When the wan in the chipper says "ye awrite dare", when the door hasn't even closed behind you and you haven't even had a chance to look at the menu.
    Plagues always selling tickets for local soccer club, gaa club coming in to the pub when you're trying to have few pints in peace. Go away.
    "cash or laser?" at lidl and aldi.
    People who don't look where they're going in supermarket. Walking around in a dreamworld, banging their trolley into you.
    Idiots in the cinema who can't put their phone away. They're so important that they have to check facebook every 15 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Big screen TV, beer and space for a group of lads. A pub is the perfect place to watch football.

Not for those who go for the chat and have people going 'get out of our way' when we go over to talk to our friends who are seated under the television:mad::mad:

MJ23 wrote: »
    "cash or laser?" at lidl and aldi.

Why does this annoy you?

I get annoyed having to ask people that, because they never know what I mean at first, and then when they realise what I've said, they act like it was a stupid question, like of course everyone pays by cash/laser. When I make an assumption about it, it usually comes back to bite me. When it turns out they have a card we don't accept, they very often get extremely angry that I asked them if they wanted to pay by card but wont accept every card in existence. And when the machine wont accept their card type, some of those people who get angry about it treat it as though I have personally decided not to accept their card type, and I'm them faced with many questions about "why" I wont accept their card. I'm always extremely tempted to tell them it's because I'm on my period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Why does this annoy you?

I get annoyed having to ask people that, because they never know what I mean at first, and then when they realise what I've said, they act like it was a stupid question, like of course everyone pays by cash/laser. When I make an assumption about it, it usually comes back to bite me. When it turns out they have a card we don't accept, they very often get extremely angry that I asked them if they wanted to pay by card but wont accept every card in existence. And when the machine wont accept their card type, some of those people who get angry about it treat it as though I have personally decided not to accept their card type, and I'm them faced with many questions about "why" I wont accept their card. I'm always extremely tempted to tell them it's because I'm on my period.

I make a point of having the note in my hand, they can see it, but still ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Airtricity sales people at my door every other week. Asking me do I want to save money, to which i reply "is it direct debit?".

They reply "yes but,"
    I say "no thanks"
    They reply "you mean you don't want to save money on your electricity?"

I reply, "fuk off".

Asking for cash back in a shop and not getting the cashback. Having to wait till the till is done the next morning waiting to see if their till balances. Its my money Its gone from my account and I have to wait 24hrs to get it. Fukin joke. Check the CCTV and you will know I didn't get the cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

No, as in the word 'let' vs. the word 'leave'. Or at least I assumed that's what was meant.

It annoys me when people say 'leave' when they mean to allow (unless it's 'being given leave' to do something). It also annoys me when people say 'let' as in 'let them alone'. I've been told before that the words are interchangeable but in my head it just sounds irksome.

It's something that annoys me too. They can't be interchangeable.
    "Leave them in" to me reads "they're already inside, leave them in there".
    But sometimes people use it to mean "let them in". It makes no sense!
    Or "please leave me know". :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

when you go to get some cereal and all thats left is just the tiny bits of crushed cereal at the bottom of the bag :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

People who don't say please and thank you!! X(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

Lack of continuity in tv shows...
    Angle 1 glass full angle 2 glass empty, back to 1.. Hey presto full again.. Gggrrr if I can see it then their staff should b able to. Tut!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

People who put tea bags in jars clearly labelled coffee or sugar, really annoys me for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

People who tag friends and write comments under facebook photos that are 2 and 3 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement