Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nialler15 wrote: »
    Women in GAA gear. Is there really any need for it? As they skull pints or cans of Bulmers.

As opposed to men in GAA gear? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

It annoys me when people try to use 'minus' as a verb. 'Subtract' is probably the word they're looking for. Also, people who think 'higher' is a verb: "Will ya higher up da volume!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Vomit wrote: »
    It annoys me when people try to use 'minus' as a verb. 'Subtract' is probably the word they're looking for. Also, people who think 'higher' is a verb: "Will ya higher up da volume!?"

er...it is a verb. He highed it up. lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

People who stand at the end of a lane in the pool and stop me from turning properly. If you're resting then sit out of the pool. If you're not doing laps then get out of the lanes and into the open area.

I'm heading to the pool now and I'm already getting wound up in anticipation of it!

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    People who stand at the end of a lane in the pool and stop me from turning properly. If you're resting then sit out of the pool. If you're not doing laps then get out of the lanes and into the open area.

I'm heading to the pool now and I'm already getting wound up in anticipation of it!

The exercise might relax you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

People who tell a parent that their child is the spit of them, when the child quite clearly isn't.

I get that all the time. Apparently I'm the spit of my mother. I'm adopted!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

This reminds me of something my mother said last night at a family barbecue-

"You were the only one in the family with that olive skin that tans like that", I took a look round at my ferociously freckled, ginger haired brothers that looked like a pack of topless lobsters and had a bit of a "WTF? She's right!" moment, then just thought to myself...

"What are you trying to say mam?" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Popcorn in the cinema. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. What gob****e though giving people popcorn at a film was a good idea?
    Agreed, I only get popcorn if I know the film's gonna be really loud. They should sell cups of marshmallows instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

When I can't thank someone's post in threads like this because they post a list to which my reaction is this:

1. I thought I was the only one who thought this, we are kindred spirits...!
    2. I agree 100%.
    3. I agree 100%.
    4. I agree 100%.
    5. Are you crazy in the head, how can you possibly think that...?

When I can't thank someone's post in threads like this because they post a list to which my reaction is this:

2. I agree 100%.
    3. I agree 100%.
    4. I agree 100%.
    6. Are you crazy in the head, how can you possibly think that...?

Hate when that happens! :D

Fcuking being eaten alive by flies when I dropped off there by accident, had a load of stuff to do this afternoon, came home there around one o' clock, and dozed off! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

2. I agree 100%.
    3. I agree 100%.
    4. I agree 100%.
    6. Are you crazy in the head, how can you possibly think that...?
    Yeah, can't stand people who leave out items in lists either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The fact that strapless sun dresses cut breasts in half and give that four-boobed look!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

hate flies in the summer, was putting food in my mouth and a fly goes and lands on it, they're too fcuking brave

I made that mistake with my adopted friend - twice!

Lazy bloody couriers!

Just got a phone call there, courier with a package so I told him I'd be there in 15 minutes-

"There's an open window here, will I lob it in through there?"

"Open window? On the ground floor?"

"No, on the second floor..."

*speechless for a minute*... "You're taking the pìss, right?"

"There's a neighbour here, I'll leave it with her, ok?"

I wouldn't mind but I had the company I ordered the stuff from make a note that I wouldn't be at the office till ten o' clock.

People who walk in front of you at a very specific speed that is too fast to pass them out comfortably but slow enough to to annoy you. Then they start looking at you as if you're following them. ffs dont flatter yourself. Move faster and I wont walk so near you. Closely linked to people sitting on the inside seat on a bus or train, who think you're looking at them because you look past them out the window. Also, people who look at you when you walk past them. People who look at you when you get onto a bus. The way people walking down the aisle of a bus brush a little too close and move the bag thats on your lap down slightly. When you are late and waiting on the stairs of a bus to alight and the person in front of you lets the entire bus off first. People getting on slowly and asking the driver questions and foostering for coins. People getting off slowly.

Just generally buses...and people....just people :mad: goes back to bed... :o

• Czarcasm wrote: »
    Lazy bloody couriers!

"There's an open window here, will I lob it in through there?"

"Open window? On the ground floor?"

"No, on the second floor..."

Haha.

Haha.

Only slightly better service than SDS, who leave a note in your letterbox that they missed you even though you've been there all morning if they'd only knocked on the door! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who let their young kids bring bicycles and prams etc to shopping centres. It really bugs the crap out of me. Your child does not need to bring his/her bike into the supermarket/post office etc. They are pre-schoolers ffs. There's never a good time for that kind of fcukology imo but it's even worse in the heat. It's bad enough trying to get around the supermarket with all the bloody idiots blocking the aisles to have chats without adding your child pushing a bike or dolls pram or scooter or whatever around as well. A bit of cop the fcuk on from some parents wouldn't go amiss:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

People who say "I done" instead of "I did". It drives me nuts. I'm not even a grammar Nazi and I don't care about other instances of incorrect grammar as much, or slang words or "yous/yis" or other things like that. But for some reason that drives me up the wall. Especially in a country accent - it just makes the Irish look like a bunch of hillbillys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People who say "I done" instead of "I did". It drives me nuts. I'm not even a grammar Nazi and I don't care about other instances of incorrect grammar as much, or slang words or "yous/yis" or other things like that. But for some reason that drives me up the wall. Especially in a country accent - it just makes the Irish look like a bunch of hillbillys.

I have to admit I'm a disaster for saying 'I done'. I'm really paranoid about it now because a woman at work pulled me up on it. And there's no denying I've a country accent either. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Or people that say "So I did" etc after every sentence

"I went to the shop with John, so I did"
    "John bought me a drink, so he did"

Not many people do it but it really really annoys me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

LizT wrote: »
    Or people that say "So I did" etc after every sentence

"I went to the shop with John, so I did"
    "John bought me a drink, so he did"

Not many people do it but it really really annoys me!!

I liked this post, so I did :D

I seen what you done there, so I did...

/toddles away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Fcukin shorts with ridiculous pockets. :mad:

I put on a pair of shorts earlier and when I sat down, EVERYTHING slid out of the pockets and onto the ground. Keys, phone, coins. Spent ages picking them all back up.

Apparently these pockets are meant for hands only. Or if you have anything else in the pockets, you must remain standing at all times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Idiots that are looking one way while walking the other. Always guaranteed to have at least one shoulder brush or a near miss when in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

So did I, so I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

People who rush like a heard of unruly and sub witted elephants to the Boarding Gate when a flight has been called for boarding and then end up queuing for half an hour anyway - this is when seats are pre-allocated anyway so doing this has no bearing on anything bar being first on the big airplane :rolleyes: Honestly, the herd mentiality in about 90% of the population is staggering...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 SkyBlooo

People that believe that putting plastic bottles full of water in their garden,
    is actually going to stop cats coming into their garden. Ha! :)

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    People who rush like a heard of unruly and sub witted elephants to the Boarding Gate when a flight has been called for boarding and then end up queuing for half an hour anyway - this is when seats are pre-allocated anyway so doing this has no bearing on anything bar being first on the big airplane :rolleyes: Honestly, the herd mentiality in about 90% of the population is staggering...

Somewhat slightly related but when did passport photos shoot up to €7.50?

Lost my wallet last week and it made things awkward in the bank with me having no valid form of photo ID (previous passport was about six years out of date), so I figured time to get a new one that'll probably only ever get used twice (flight there and back), hate travelling abroad, hurts my brain - sensory overload :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement