Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Enda Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Merkin wrote: »
    Well triple morto and double scarlih' for myself because I've always thought it was the Fine Young Cannibals as well!! :o:D

Bet that drives you crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

cantdecide wrote: »
    I thought 'I've Been Thinking About You' by Londonbeat was actually sung by Fine Young Cannibals!! I was corrected by my mother!!! IN my defense, it's more of a guilty pleasure...

Double morto for telling yis now!

Oh baby! What can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Lucena wrote: »
    Bet that drives you crazy!

Boooo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Chewing gum on the god damn footpath! :mad:

Just stepped off the bus there and landed my shoe on a lump of melted chewing gum. Damn stuff is impossible to get off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

This is very trivial but after been in a queue for 10/15 minutes in the supermarket this REALLY annoys me................Women at supermarket checkouts who wait until they pack their bags to then rummage around through their bag for what seems like an hour to dig out their card to pay for the items.

Why cant they get the card ready and in their hand or somewhere quickly accessible when you are qing up?

I dont know any guy who does this. When I am in a q I take out my card out of my wallet and put it in my hand so that when the cashier tells me how much it is I can hand her the card straight away. so much for multi tasking :D

Oh and speaking of Supermarkets, the people who dont understand that when you are in Lidl or Aldi you put the items back into you trolley as they are scanned through and move the trolley over to the packing area.

1st world problems really :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Lucena wrote: »
    People shouldn’t be allowed onto Boards without knowing the following:

How to use:

· There, their, and they’re
    · It’s and its (ok this last one is counter-intuitive, but just learn it, m’kay?)

Actually The Oatmeal has a good list here:
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

I strongly recommend all Boards contributors study it carefully.

What actually annoys me about it is the cause. It's not a question of privileged or education and it's not tricky like many aspects of English grammar, it's down to the sheer laziness of never having bothered to take five minutes to understand the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

'lol' really bugs me.

People who write "Are you cumin?" instead of "Are you coming?". What the hell is that all about?
    Unless of course they are referring to the plant, in which case I would have thought the answer would be obvious.

I also hate when I can hear someone's music despite the fact that they are wearing headphones. Go deafen yourself in private you fúck!

gazzer wrote: »
    This is very trivial but after been in a queue for 10/15 minutes in the supermarket this REALLY annoys me................Women at supermarket checkouts who wait until they pack their bags to then rummage around through their bag for what seems like an hour to dig out their card to pay for the items.

Why cant they get the card ready and in their hand or somewhere quickly accessible when you are qing up?

I dont know any guy who does this. When I am in a q I take out my card out of my wallet and put it in my hand so that when the cashier tells me how much it is I can hand her the card straight away. so much for multi tasking :D

Oh and speaking of Supermarkets, the people who dont understand that when you are in Lidl or Aldi you put the items back into you trolley as they are scanned through and move the trolley over to the packing area.

1st world problems really :D

The card thing is definitely annoying. Foostery and just stupid. The 25 seconds it takes for the card transaction could well be used to pack some things.

Re the Lidl/Aldi thing I am torn. It seems like a good system but it irritates me when the cashier rushes me. Its like, I've been queing for 10 minutes and now I'm supposed to get myself in a flap trying to get out of your way. Stop pushing those darned groceries at me b1tch! :D

thecatspjs wrote: »
    'lol' really bugs me.

People who write "Are you cumin?" instead of "Are you coming?". What the hell is that all about?
    Unless of course they are referring to the plant, in which case I would have thought the answer would be obvious.

I also hate when I can hear someone's music despite the fact that they are wearing headphones. Go deafen yourself in private you fúck!

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Those stupid belts you get on shorts now, some sort of double hoop that you thread the belt through in some unfathomable way....amazing invention, holds together for at least, oh, 2 minutes. What's wrong with a normal belt ffs??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Have seen a few posts recently with posters talking about illusions of grandeur - drives me round the bend. It's delusions of grandeur ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Women (predominantly) sitting at a traffic light ahead of me and when the light goes green you see them looking over and down at the handbrake, using both hands to pull and release it, spending time putting the car into gear and then finally moving off.

Watch the lights and get this all done just before it's about to change to Green ffs !!!!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Have seen a few posts recently with posters talking about illusions of grandeur - drives me round the bend. It's delusions of grandeur ffs!

Maybe they're hallucinating about grandeur :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

People who bring signs to concerts who are not sitting/standing completely at the BACK of the venue. Your sign is dumb, and you're blocking other peoples view otherwise.
      People, almost always women in my experience in a queue without having their cash/card ready to make a payment. Are you fúcking kidding me? You've been standing there waiting for 10 minutes!
      People on Facebook that share or create their own bullshít status updates or pictures about how much better women are than men, or how drinking used to be cool, but being a mammy is the new cool - "like if you agree".
      Loud music on public transport or teenagers playing music directly out of their phones speaker.
      People that walk either really slow, or/and are so concentrated on their phone, they walk in an unpredictable, snail like sway and you're trying to overtake them.
      Making sure to carefully type up an email requesting or explaining something in very clear, easy to read English and the recipient missing the point entirely and replying with something absolutely useless. I took the time and care to communicate effectively, PLEASE make an effort to do the same yourself. You're wasting time for both of us!
      People who are incapable of doing their job. A receptionist that fails to communicate that an appointment has been changed. When you show up at what you believe to be the correct time, they explain it was changed, and they don't apologize? Really?!
      Greedy or selfish people that don't share their delicious candy. You're not 11 anymore, gimme a couple of bleedin' skittles ffs!
      People that don't like their hair being touched. If I want to touch your hair, I fúckin' will.
      People who have poor personal hygiene. 5 minutes in the shower every morning won't kill you!
      People that have dogs or cats living in their house.
      Drivers, specific types of drivers - jesus fúck, people who do not know how to use roundabouts INFURIATE me. You are going to cause an accident!

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

GrumPy wrote: »
      People that don't like their hair being touched. If I want to touch your hair, I fúckin' will.

WTF?! :D Get the hell away from my hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

That's a bit scary and weird, you're not 11 anymore either buy your own feckin' skittles, I'm not sharing with someone who doesn't like pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

People who walk with the palms of their hands facing forwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Merkin wrote: »
    People who rush like a heard of unruly and sub witted elephants to the Boarding Gate when a flight has been called for boarding and then end up queuing for half an hour anyway - this is when seats are pre-allocated anyway so doing this has no bearing on anything bar being first on the big airplane :rolleyes: Honestly, the herd mentiality in about 90% of the population is staggering...

Agree with the post but hate the word staggering. The amount of times you see it used is quite frankly ..stag.....you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

people who say tender hooks, damp squid and suchlike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

sweetie wrote: »
    people who say tender hooks, damp squid and suchlike

Damp Squid: The top 10 misquoted phrases in Britain

The top ten misquotes by British people are as follows:

1) A damp squid (a damp squib)

2) On tender hooks (on tenter hooks)

3) Nip it in the butt (nip it in the bud)

4) Champing at the bit (chomping at the bit)

5) A mute point (a moot point)

6) One foul swoop (one fell swoop)

7) All that glitters is not gold (all that glisters is not gold)

8) Adverse to (averse to)

9) Batting down the hatches (batten down the hatches)

10) Find a penny pick it up (find a pin pick it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

When bartenders give me my pint of Beamish in a Guinness glass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

Czarcasm wrote: »

Find a PIN??!? How likely is it you're going to find a pin these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Who likes their hair being touched? Unless I'm in the middle of the act of shagging you, don't touch the barnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

:pac: I had a boss who used to say that, also 'escape goat' and 'it's not rocket surgery'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

WTF?! :D Get the hell away from my hair!

Disco Stu, his hair's not for you...oooh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Disco Stu, his hair's not for you...oooh :D

lol
      People that walk either really slow, or/and are so concentrated on their phone, they walk in an unpredictable, snail like sway and you're trying to overtake them.

Peoples' walking habits drive me mad.

My personal favourite is when you're rumbling along a street in full stride and someone virtually flits out of a small side street in front of you, expecting you to get out of their way.

Gambas wrote: »
    People who walk with the palms of their hands facing forwards.

:confused: lol, zombies like?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    :confused: lol, zombies like?

Could be. Try it, turn them outwards, and swing your arms gently as you walk. Very annoying looking.

• Advertisement

The way people think hot weather is an excuse to completely ignore all standards when it comes to dressing oneself.

Dublin/Wicklow beaches, public toilets, city centre and dart when the weather is hot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement