Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The young couple with a toddler a few houses away from ours are really p*ssing me off lately. The layout of these houses means their garden is only about 100 metres or so away from our back garden and bedroom window. They don't work and the child seems to be on the same sleep pattern as them. I thought kids were supposed to have sleep routines:confused: It wasn't so bad when it was cool enough to shut our bedroom window but fcuk it having a toddler shouting and running around the garden until the early hours of the morning is bloody ridiculous. It's been like that every night for months now. They always seem to be out in the garden in the middle of the night.

They aren't antisocial just fricking thoughtless and clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Sunburn.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When your queueing at the only manned checkout in the supermarket, another one opens, the girl asks if anyone wants to come over to her and some fecking prick behind you dashes across with their trolley like Bolt usain. I'm next, I should be given the choice to go over first :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

When your queueing at the only manned checkout in the supermarket, another one opens, the girl asks if anyone wants to come over to her and some fecking prick behind you dashes across with their trolley like Bolt usain. I'm next, I should be given the choice to go over first :mad:

:pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaate that :mad: :mad: :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    URGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaate that :mad: :mad: :mad::mad:
    Whats really annoying was that I only had a few items but the sprinter had a trolley stuffed full of groceries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Whats really annoying was that I only had a few items but the sprinter had a trolley stuffed full of groceries.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When the bus driver tells you the air conditioning is broken and you have an hours journey ahead of you! :mad:

Christ what I wouldn't give for one of those mini-fans now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

The way yer man from The Script pronounces the word "taxi" in their new single. It's like "Neither one of us want to take that tee-axi home". Jars every time. Seriously, where did ya get that accent from? Maybe he's specifically talkin' bout a Noo Yawk teeaxi?

Jaysus I'm a real cranky pants today.

The young couple with a toddler a few houses away from ours are really p*ssing me off lately. The layout of these houses means their garden is only about 100 metres or so away from our back garden and bedroom window. They don't work and the child seems to be on the same sleep pattern as them. I thought kids were supposed to have sleep routines:confused: It wasn't so bad when it was cool enough to shut our bedroom window but fcuk it having a toddler shouting and running around the garden until the early hours of the morning is bloody ridiculous. It's been like that every night for months now. They always seem to be out in the garden in the middle of the night.

They aren't antisocial just fricking thoughtless and clueless.

Theres going to be some real shennanigans in that house when the child starts school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

You're going for the last bag of Snax (started out as a 6 pack), and the bottom of the little bag is stuck to the outer bag and therefore air has attacked the last bag of Snax and they're now soft and chewy. You try one, it's rank...then try another to make sure it wasn't just that one that the air got to.

• Companies changing perfectly good recipes.

Snax and Loop the Loops being two that spring to mind, immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Companies changing perfectly good recipes.

I had my suspicions about loop the loops, but thought it was my imagination. I wouldn't mind snax as I haven't tasted them in years, but lets just keep our fingers crossed they never touch the skips!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 galwaybetty

I feel this thread has a rant building in me...

1) Men who insist on taking off their shirts on public transport. I know this is a double standard- but if you were Taylor Laughtner I could probably cope but they are never approaching that level of hotness. Im not a touchy feely girl so touching a randomers chest does not appeal.
    2) People who randomly text you with 'Any craic' Any news or any scandal, or any combination of the three;
    3) Random people staring at you on the bus;
    4) Littering;
    5) Unnecessarily loud mobile phone conversations on public transport;
    6) People who return your cv to you while simultaneously rejecting your application;
    7) The entire experience of the AIB transaction. Only one cashier working on the desk, the hour long wait, and the three aib employees walking up and down asking if you have tried online banking; also the ridiculous charges;
    8) The entire staff of SUSI, who were unfailingly rude and unhelpful;
    9) People who ask me if I have been applying for jobs or trying jobs websites;
    10) Men who seem to think its okay to stroke my hair, put their hand on the small of my back, attempt to pick me up or ask my bra size in the first five minutes of meeting me.
    11) People who ask you personal questions, if I knew you well enough to volunteer the information I would share it with you.
    12) The assumption that everyone from the west of ireland knows eachother.
    13) Discovering that I lost my Leap card again.
    14) The sad fact that I dont get ID'd anymore :(

Well that was therapeutic!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

10) Men who seem to think its okay to stroke my hair, put their hand on the small of my back, attempt to pick me up or ask my bra size in the first five minutes of meeting me.

Eh? :eek:

• Czarcasm wrote: »
    I had my suspicions about loop the loops, but thought it was my imagination. I wouldn't mind snax as I haven't tasted them in years, but lets just keep our fingers crossed they never touch the skips!

I'll never forget the horror I experienced, when I opened a packet of Skips a few years back, and they were totally different. The lovely flavour was replaced by fizzibly blandness. It was as though the flavour had been watered down, they were horrific. It wasn't just one or two packs, it was a consistent run of horribleness, which lasted months. From memory though, nobody else seemed to notice the difference.

Perhaps my taste buds were revolting, but there was definitely something awry.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 galwaybetty

I should explain I mean literally picking me up, or physically lifting me off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Dizzicizzi

People who say "Sambwich" instead of sandwich.

People who add extra syllables into words.

But most of all... The thing that makes me crazy... iPhone autocorrects.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nicholas Witchell's carrot head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The coke zero ad - the one at the cinema where the guy replaces everyone's coke with coke zero. Is it just me or is the way the guy says the word coca-cola really annoying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The coke zero ad - the one at the cinema where the guy replaces everyone's coke with coke zero. Is it just me or is the way the guy says the word coca-cola really annoying?

I hate that advert. I'd love someone to go back out there and kick the living sh1te out of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Ok my turn, mine is my fault really, I hate it when I realise I've been watching kids tv for ages when all the stupid kids have left room or even gone to school ages ago. Like what the feck am I doing watching this crap when there's always top gear on dave!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Dizzicizzi wrote: »
    People who say "Sambwich" instead of sandwich.

People who add extra syllables into words.

But most of all... The thing that makes me crazy... iPhone autocorrects.

people (mainly dubs) who say the word "sambo" instead of sandwich...ur really not saving time by saying sambo...stop it...u fcuking idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I hate that advert. I'd love someone to go back out there and kick the living sh1te out of him

I would go after him. If I paied for a coke I would get the coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

keano2012 wrote: »
    people (mainly dubs) who say the word "sambo" instead of sandwich...ur really not saving time by saying sambo...stop it...u fcuking idiot!

Like people that say www.
    and its quicker to say worldwideweb.
    only joking I get what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You can spot the Usain Bolts. They get all twitchy when they spot the second checkout being set up, getting ready to make their move. It's great when they all sprint over and there's a problem with the checkout and you end up leaving the shop ahead of them.
    Companies changing perfectly good recipes.

Snax were changed twice as far as I know. Once they changed to have those 3 strips on them, but it wasn't that bad. But now they changed to one of the mankiest crisps on the market. Used to be my favourite crisps. Wouldn't give them to the dog now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

keano2012 wrote: »

People (mainly culchies) who say the word "taytos" instead of crisps... ur really not referring to a specific brand... stop it... u fcuking idiot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Omackeral wrote: »
    People (mainly culchies) who say the word "taytos" instead of crisps... ur really not referring to a specific brand... stop it... u fcuking idiot!

haha nice! but it is tayto's...everyone knows that :) who fcuk says crisps bar the english.

also annoys me when people are telling a story and they just throw in a random useless bit that wasn't needed just to get it in...."was out last week with my mate....actually his uncles best mates cousins daughters is actually brian o'driscolls second cousin"....something like that anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dozen wicked words doesn't like people who post using third person or sign their posts,

Love and hugs,

DWW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I should explain I mean literally picking me up, or physically lifting me off the ground.
    so i assume you are under 5foot yet stacked with ginormous funbags?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement