Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Rasheed wrote: »
    you don't wanna do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

keano2012 wrote: »
    was in phoenix park today
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    I was in the PP riding
    Whats the 'PP'?

Phoenix Park? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

This happened to me in my local supermarket recently..

Had a few items to checkout, so went to the cigarette counter express checkouts as usual. Queue of 4 people there, look over to the other express tills, 1 person just finishing up. So I queue behind her, she's just received her change and I'm thinking happy days.

Then she says, 'Just forgot to get my cigarettes' Girl behind the counter, 'Oh no problem I'll run over and get them for you.' And myself left standing like an idiot for ages thinking 'Why didnt you fck off to the cigarette counter to buy them in the first place?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Rasheed wrote: »
    People who are 'experts' on everything. And patronising to boot. There was one at a party the other night that had my head melted. And I could hear him no matter where I went.

'What are you drinking that piss for? I only drink Galway Hooker, best beer you can buy.'

'You payed what for that car? They saw you coming, that's €1,500 too much.'

'You baled that hay today? Big mistake there mate, it needed another two days.' This lad isn't a farmer either, the nearest he's gotten to hay is feeding his guinea pig.

There were just three snippets of wisdom from the tosser.

What were you drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

My net connection - been driving me nuts...

Everyday, there's issues with it... i.e. - Constant loss of connection, so while watching anything there'd be bufferings, or gaming being unplayable.... EVEN AT 3AM AT NIGHT!!!

"Why don't you change ISP?"

Because they're my only option currently...

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    My net connection - been driving me nuts...

Everyday, there's issues with it... i.e. - Constant loss of connection, so while watching anything there'd be bufferings, or gaming being unplayable.... EVEN AT 3AM AT NIGHT!!!

"Why don't you change ISP?"

Because they're my only option currently...

Vodafone?

same as myself. So frustrating being lagged killed. The guy just stops moving and next thing bam killed. Or pop a clip in his ass and he turns around walks over and KNIFE.

lkionm wrote: »
    Vodafone?

Nope, with Ripplecom atm.

Uses Line of Sight Wireless. :o

Paying €45 a month for this 8MB tripe... :mad:

"Ireland's leading Wireless Broadband Service provider" MY ASS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

When people start threads with the title "What would you do?"

Every single time, without fail, after reading it I'll have this stupid song in my head

Nope, with Ripplecom atm.

Uses Line of Sight Wireless. :o

Paying €45 a month for this 8MB tripe... :mad:

"Ireland's leading Wireless Broadband Service provider" MY ASS!!!

Line of sight, Jesus. Had that with sky tv.

I get just a little over 1mb because the wires outside my house are rusted and Eircom wont change them since no one is a customer.

Cant play xbox if someone is using internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

lkionm wrote: »
    What were you drinking?

I was drinking cider but I think the person he was talking to was drinking Miller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

didn't think i'd have something else to post here but I've another one after going to phoenix park last night
    people who talk through gigs! the amount of people there last night just standing around talking and drinking really surprised me to be honest, those tickets weren't cheap so like why not just go out to the pub or something, if you're not going to pay attention to the gig :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I cycle, drive and walk so have seen all the idiots they complain about but the worst has to be pedestrians when you are on a bike.

1. People who walk on the cycling path when there is a footpath and just keep walking even when they see you coming.
    2. People who look at you and decide to cross the road and act all shocked when you narrowly avoid them, sometime I wish I was surrounded by a tonne of metal so they would stop doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

2. People who look at you and decide to cross the road and act all shocked when you narrowly avoid them, sometime I wish I was surrounded by a tonne of metal so they would stop doing that.

maybe we look so shocked because the green man is on when we are crossing the road and you have broken yet another red light.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

maybe we look so shocked because the green man is on when we are crossing the road and you have broken yet another red light.......

Ooooooohh.....Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

i saw a cyclist the other day....attempting to cross the road like a pedestrian but cycling. only there was a red man but that didn't stop the cyclist...got half way across the road but the traffic was too busy so couldn't make it across to the other side so all the cars had to swerve around while beeping at him. cyclists....are there more annoying things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Never happens at any traffic lights so nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Never happens at any traffic lights so nope.
    I suppose it wouldn't be a junction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

New and Improved - one of those marketing slurs that drives me mad. If it's new,what are you improving? If it's improved, there must have been something there to improve...so its not new!!! ffs......

Also, "for free" - wtf? it's either "free" or "for nothing".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

people who cant sort out their own problems and run to the guards for every little thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People trying to make conversation with you even though you've told them... can't remember now how many times I told her I'm really not able to talk today as my head is throbbing.

Another triviality is that I can't look at her ill fitting bra any more, it's giving her "chin tits", it just looks so wrong! I have to clutch my desk to stop me being tempted to get up and fire her over the desk and fix her bra straps for her! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    New and Improved - one of those marketing slurs that drives me mad. If it's new,what are you improving? If it's improved, there must have been something there to improve...so its not new!!! ffs......

Also, "for free" - wtf? it's either "free" or "for nothing".
    I think version/release is implied, like the new Playstation. More of a tautology than an oxymoron since if it has been improved it must be a new version.

This is FAR from trivial, but;

People that spit on the sidewalk, while out walking, waiting, or whatever...

Absolutely disgusting!

This is FAR from trivial, but;

People that spit on the sidewalk, while out walking, waiting, or whatever...

Absolutely disgusting!

This. The hocking beforehand is pretty vile too :mad:

You find yourself running past in the hopes they wont hock all over ya :p

people who cant sort out their own problems and run to the guards for every little thing

Or Joe Duffy

Its a disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

people with no sense of their own spacial zone. they just block everywhere they go.

people who indicate at the very last second in their cars.

people who talk too loudly in public, yes we know you like attention but we dont care luv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Pearse Street station.

I was there on Saturday afternoon, trying to buy a ticket to get to Blackrock. Fairly simple, you'd think? But oh no.

Huge queues of people boiling with quiet rage because there are only two ticket machines and, of course, the ticket office is closed.

Note to Irish Rail: How about employing a couple of staff or at least filling the gaff with more ticket machines if you're too tight to pay staff costs?

Imagine this carry-on in Germany or anywhere else with a modicum of organisational skills? No, me neither.

A feckless embarrassment.

Another one - Public toilets;

Why are some people so God damn filthy when it comes to them?

Be it, pissing all over the toilet and floor... or feces stains everywhere.

Wild animals would have better toilet training than them!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Imagine this carry-on in Germany or anywhere else with a modicum of organisational skills? No, me neither.

I've found a lot of German U-bahn and S-bahn stations to actually be surprisingly bad in this regard. Lots of inner-city stations only have 1 or 2 machines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I've found a lot of German U-bahn and S-bahn stations to actually be surprisingly bad in this regard. Lots of inner-city stations only have 1 or 2 machines.

The trivial thing that annoys me is that when people complain about something in Ireland, they compare it to some utopian European ideal that doesn't exist…

'Did you see the amount of dog sh¡t on the street? Wouldn't happen in Belgium because the angels come down every morning and lick it all off the streets…'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

LizT wrote: »
    Or people that say "So I did" etc after every sentence

"I went to the shop with John, so I did"
    "John bought me a drink, so he did"

Not many people do it but it really really annoys me!!

You'd better not go to Norn Iron then.

"So I did" "So I am"
    The trivial thing that annoys me is that when people complain about something in Ireland, they compare it to some utopian European ideal that doesn't exist…

'Did you see the amount of dog sh¡t on the street? Wouldn't happen in Belgium because the angels come down every morning and lick it all off the streets…'

It's not about a comparison to some 'utopian ideal' - it's merely saying that the service was appalling.

The worst aspect is that it could be easily remedied. Ultimately visitors are getting a poor impression of customer relations (or lack of them) in one of the busiest stations in the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement