Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's not about a comparison to some 'utopian ideal' - it's merely saying that the service was appalling.

The worst aspect is that it could be easily remedied. Ultimately visitors are getting a poor impression of customer relations (or lack of them) in one of the busiest stations in the country.

But you did. You compared it to how much better you imagined it to be in Germany. I'm sure the service is appalling but an awful lot of the time people try to make it out as something that is uniquely Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My ars*hole neighbour has taken it upon himself to don a face mask and gloves and is spraying Christ only knows what toxic sh*te on public areas. Shame the old bas*ard wouldn't find something productive to do with his time. If my cats get sick he's getting the bill:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My ars*hole neighbour has taken it upon himself to don a face mask and gloves and is spraying Christ only knows what toxic sh*te on public areas. Shame the old bas*ard wouldn't find something productive to do with his time. If my cats get sick he's getting the bill:mad:

Probably Round up and it's supposed to be safe once it dries in. Keep your cats in for a couple of hours and they should be okay. What's he spraying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

But you did. You compared it to how much better you imagined it to be in Germany. I'm sure the service is appalling but an awful lot of the time people try to make it out as something that is uniquely Irish.

I haven't imagined anything. I am a regular visitor to Germany where, by and large, the service is much better.

I also never said that the problem was uniquely Irish either.

See you in the ticket queue anyway. Bring a good book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Probably Round up and it's supposed to be safe once it dries in. Keep your cats in for a couple of hours and they should be okay. What's he spraying?
    He's basically just wandering around spraying the bottoms of peoples walls etc. I'm wary of whatever it is because he's got the face mask on, makes me wonder how safe it can be if he doesn't want to inhale it himself. None of us have ever asked him to do this. He's bored and takes it upon himself to do the councils job for them. There's a lot of young kids that play out in those areas, not to mention neighbourhood pets.

• Advertisement

Andy Murray's voice. I literally have to mute the tv/radio when he starts. Dullard.

On the upside, if you suffer from insomnia...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

People who clap and the end of a Ryanair flight. It bugs the crap out of me. It's the pilots job to get us from A to B. Nobody claps me after a days work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

keano2012 wrote: »
    spanish students in general. absolutely annoy the fcuk out of me. shipped out by their parents to "learn english"....yet the constant roars of spanish throughout dublin makes you wonder did their parents just ship them out because they think they are annoying idiots too?!

and when you set them on fire they get all upset like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

wrmwit wrote: »
    People who clap and the end of a Ryanair flight. It bugs the crap out of me. It's the pilots job to get us from A to B. Nobody claps me after a days work!

Wtf? where do you work? :eek:

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Wtf? where do you work? :eek:

More worry that he/she wants the clap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Pearse Street station.

I was there on Saturday afternoon, trying to buy a ticket to get to Blackrock. Fairly simple, you'd think? But oh no.

Huge queues of people boiling with quiet rage because there are only two ticket machines and, of course, the ticket office is closed.

Note to Irish Rail: How about employing a couple of staff or at least filling the gaff with more ticket machines if you're too tight to pay staff costs?

Imagine this carry-on in Germany or anywhere else with a modicum of organisational skills? No, me neither.

A feckless embarrassment.

I agree with your statements about Pearse Station. It's actually worse when the ticket office is open. The usual fella hates to be disturbed and has tried to short change me a couple of times. However, I queued for 1 hour and 15 mins in Brussels for a ticket to Bruges. And I would like to say how nice how public transport is in comparison 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

wrmwit wrote: »

A mate of mine shares this gripe with you. He said almost the exact same thing when we were going on holidays once.

Personally I chalk it up to plane journeys being a novelty for most people. It is a little bit cringy but never got on my nerves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

There's plenty for me, but lately its a spoon.

In the top drawer in the kitchen we have all the cutlery in one of those tray things that everyone has. Everything's in its own little section. But there's one bastard spoon doing my head in.
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    The problem is, it's too big to be a small spoon.....but too small to be a big spoon. I never know what section to put it in, and every time I open the drawer.........there it is. Mocking me.

I fúcking hate that spoon.

1. Cyclists who don't obey the rules of the fecking road. Does my head in.

2. Noisy eaters

3. When you're in a hurry and there's a big group of people just strolling along who won't get out of the fecking way.

All 3 groups of people should be taken out and shot with balls of their own sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Cyclists who keep their bike in the lightest gear at all times. Their feet are whirring around like crazy and yet they only go about walking speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

I find myself agreeing with nearly every post. And I realised I must be a miserable grumpy cow. So that annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Black bag of rubbish in one hand, laptop bag in the other - Dumped the laptop in the wheelie bin and walked on.

Took me a minute to realise what I'd done, then had to go back and retrieve said laptop bag from the wheelie bin :o

Just having one of those days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Cyclists who keep their bike in the lightest gear at all times. Their feet are whirring around like crazy and yet they only go about walking speed.

If ya can't spin ya can't win! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

The two Irish people in Ireland who pronounce the letter 'h' as "aitch" (RTÉ's Eileen Dunne and Brian Jennings). It's haitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Black bag of rubbish in one hand, laptop bag in the other - Dumped the laptop in the wheelie bin and walked on.

Took me a minute to realise what I'd done, then had to go back and retrieve said laptop bag from the wheelie bin :o

Just having one of those days :(

Nearly did this today with the kids nappy bag.

He's basically just wandering around spraying the bottoms of peoples walls etc. I'm wary of whatever it is because he's got the face mask on, makes me wonder how safe it can be if he doesn't want to inhale it himself. None of us have ever asked him to do this. He's bored and takes it upon himself to do the councils job for them. There's a lot of young kids that play out in those areas, not to mention neighbourhood pets.

Tell him to stop! Even if it's harmless, it's still rude to go around spraying people's walls like your the Team America of garden maintenance. Tell him to skip your wall in future.

My annoyance today is people who call where I work for customer service issues. The company I work for has a dedicated Customer Service unit on an 1850 number, where you can talk all you want. But people seem to prefer to call the shop, and completely disregard the fact that the people working there have other things to do, for the people that actually bothered coming down and queuing up. The phone rings, and I have to excuse myself from the customer I'm serving to pop over to the phone, answer, and I'm met with a long, bulked out explanation of the person's query. If I can't answer succinctly I advise them to call customer service but they just wont! But I can't not answer the phone because it might be someone important. Ugh. The public should not be given our number!

• Advertisement

People (usually women I'm afraid) with no spacial awareness.

The number of times these fcuking idiots cut across me in shopping centres, dawdling, and if I didn't stop in my tracks I'd end up crashing into them.

Of course then it would be my fault...

Tell him to stop! Even if it's harmless, it's still rude to go around spraying people's walls like your the Team America of garden maintenance. Tell him to skip your wall in future.

My annoyance today is people who call where I work for customer service issues. The company I work for has a dedicated Customer Service unit on an 1850 number, where you can talk all you want. But people seem to prefer to call the shop, and completely disregard the fact that the people working there have other things to do, for the people that actually bothered coming down and queuing up. The phone rings, and I have to excuse myself from the customer I'm serving to pop over to the phone, answer, and I'm met with a long, bulked out explanation of the person's query. If I can't answer succinctly I advise them to call customer service but they just wont! But I can't not answer the phone because it might be someone important. Ugh. The public should not be given our number!

more like customer services on 1850 are ****e and the public know that so will only deal with ashop, Vodaphone UK I am talking about you

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

The local off licence sells small packets of king crisps as big packets....sneaky bastards. They also sell the cans of coke/bottles with the multipack label on them. sneaky sneaky bastards.

Is it legal for shops to buy produce in the north and sell it in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Watching videos on youtube, the sound is so low you have to turn your volume up full, then the next one is so loud it nearly bursts your eardrums.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm sorry about posting another grammar nazi post here but I find it incredibly annoying when people write "seen" instead of "seeing", or also instead of "saw"! Grrrrr!!

E.G.

"I seen this thing the other day...."

OR

"I was just seen if this thing worked......."

Every time I'm forced to read it I feel one of my brain cells dying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭wrmwit

Camrat wrote: »
    They also sell the cans of coke/bottles with the multipack label on them. sneaky sneaky bastards.

That bugs the poo out of me too. I feel I'm being rightly shafted when paying full price for a can with the multipack label on them.

It's usually the same type of corner shops that sells Snickers with the ingredients printed in Arabic!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    The two Irish people in Ireland who pronounce the letter 'h' as "aitch" (RTÉ's Eileen Dunne and Brian Jennings). It's haitch.

I think you might want to Google that particular pronunciation for yourself there. You might well surprise yourself !!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Probably the most trivial thing that annoys me........ When my sister & mother mix cutlery in the dishwasher, i'd swear they do it just to wind me up, i've given them sh1t about it and my sister just thinks i'm bloody weird, my dad has also gotten annoyed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I've found a lot of German U-bahn and S-bahn stations to actually be surprisingly bad in this regard. Lots of inner-city stations only have 1 or 2 machines.

I'll second this. The tickets are also very slow about printing.

• Advertisement

more like customer services on 1850 are ****e and the public know that so will only deal with ashop, Vodaphone UK I am talking about you

I have to call customer services all the time to sort out customer queries, and they're actually really helpful. If people want to deal with shop staff they should get off their ass and come down to us, where I wont have to ignore paying customers to listen to their ****e. I strongly suspect also that if they actually came down to the shop they wouldn't feel the need to give me their life story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement