Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Texting lying on the couch, then smack. Phone right in the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It annoys me the way you cant buffer videos fully before you watch them anymore on any site but especially Youtube, all of a sudden they all started buffering the next 10 seconds and then stopping and its never enough no matter how good the connection its on, its fcuking infuriating. I know there are add ons and plug ins that are supposed to fix it but none of them work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Something I've noticed recently is people (always older women from what i've seen) just walking out in traffic with their hands help up to stop the cars like a Guard or lollipop lady - not even at a crossing just wherever they feel like. Drives me mad! Cross at a crossing and wait for the lights like everyone else.

You know if one of them got hit by a car they'd be screaming blue murder as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Mariasofia wrote: »
    When you prepare dinner, place in oven and go to sit in lovely evening sun. Then you return 45 minutes later to check on what should be nearly done and find......

you have forgotten to turn the f***ing oven on!

Or when you come back 45 minutes later, look in the oven and realise you've forgotten to put the dinner in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This one is hard to explain but I'll try. It's basically something that middle aged/older women to when nattering among themselves. They are nodding along etc and then they do this thing...it's like...they breathe in loudly and day "yeah" at the same time. I can't describe it any other way. I can't do it myself either. It's fast and easily missed but once you are on the lookout for it you can spot it. Anyone know what this is? :confused: Oh and its really annoying (even though its trivial) lol

My mother does this on the phone. A lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Having to deal with members of the public as part of your employment. People, what a bunch of bast*rds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Technophobes.

And worse? Technophopes and bureaucracy -

"But we've aaaalways done it this waaay".

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Thargor wrote: »
    It annoys me the way you cant buffer videos fully before you watch them anymore on any site but especially Youtube, all of a sudden they all started buffering the next 10 seconds and then stopping and its never enough no matter how good the connection its on, its fcuking infuriating. I know there are add ons and plug ins that are supposed to fix it but none of them work.

If it's a long vid, you can always opt to save it off such sites like savevid.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

"you know" - by a long shot, the most overused phrase in the entire spoken English language, and not just in Ireland. It's mind numbing. It's not people using it once in a while that bother me, it's the people who use it thoughtlessly every second or third sentence.

It's so hard to focus on the content of what they're saying when they have to intersperse everything with this "you know" tic. RTÉ Radio management in particular needs to get control on their presenters and reporters, who are using it more than ever now. There are no excuses for it from professional speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Seeing 'Swit Swoo' on facebook makes me turn misogynist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    "you know" - by a long shot, the most overused phrase in the entire spoken English language, and not just in Ireland. It's mind numbing. It's not people using it once in a while that bother me, it's the people who use it thoughtlessly every second or third sentence.

It's so hard to focus on the content of what they're saying when they have to intersperse everything with this "you know" tic. RTÉ Radio management in particular needs to get control on their presenters and reporters, who are using it more than ever now. There are no excuses for it from professional speakers.

One of my work colleagues says this 20 times a day on average, in a nasal drone. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

People that hum along to the music when you're doing your food shopping or even worse when they try to sing along but don't know the words and it just sounds like they're mumbling. Nothing a good crane kick to the face wouldn't fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

There is a guy in my town who says this at the end of every sentence, in fact it doesn't have to be the end of the sentence it's the end of every phrase, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Even worse when you hear non-native speakers of Irish do this when they speak Irish.

"Agus nuair a bhiomar i lar na cathrach, y'know, bhi a lan daoine ag feitheamh in aice leis stad an mbus, y'know".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My own stupidity annoyed me today. I went grocery shopping and had some cash on me, so it wasn't until I'd gone to the 3rd cash point in the shopping centre, to get some extra cash(the first 2 were out of order), that I realised I didn't have my card in my purse. I'd taken it out to order something online this morning and forgot to put it back:o

I blaming the lack of sleep due to humidity and the fact that I'm limping along with a knackered ankle still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Lucena wrote: »
    Even worse when you hear non-native speakers of Irish do this when they speak Irish.

"Agus nuair a bhiomar i lar na cathrach, y'know, bhi a lan daoine ag feitheamh in aice leis stad an mbus, y'know".

People speaking English in the middle of an Irish sentence! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Shop staff that will not put my change in my hand despite me standing there holding it out and just throw it on the counter. Pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People speaking English in the middle of an Irish sentence! :mad:

Is there not instances where that's unavoidable?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Another one;

People that seemingly judge you after you exit a public toilet stall, that was already in a state before you entered, as though you were the one that did it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It really annoys me when a radio host has a guest on and doesn't say hello to them. For eg. 'and now we have on the show X who is leader of the Y party, so how do you think this new deal will affect the Irish public?'
    Would it kill you to say hello and welcome them before throwing a question at them.
    It's even worse when the guest says hello before answering the question because then it highlights what a rude arse the host is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭veryangryman

The facilities ladies at work who clean the loo or the coffee machine. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't sooner get rid of them.

Just they always seem to turn up to do their work at the same time i need said facilities. Conspiracy theories but.... Is it possible that they wait for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The facilities ladies at work who clean the loo or the coffee machine. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't sooner get rid of them.

Just they always seem to turn up to do their work at the same time i need said facilities. Conspiracy theories but.... Is it possible that they wait for me?

Be thankful they don't get the two areas mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I was getting an eye test for new glasses yesterday, the woman doing it annoyed me so much.

Which lens is clearer, lens one or twooooo?
    One or twooooo?
    Such a monotonous drone.
    She said it so many times. Just say two!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I was getting an eye test for new glasses yesterday, the woman doing it annoyed me so much.

One or twooooo?
    Such a monotonous drone.

I bet you're hoping that she doesn't do your hearing test tooooooooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭veryangryman

One or twooooo?
    Such a monotonous drone.

Reminds me of one...

Munster folks inability to pronounce the word 'to' or 'you'.

Example 'im going tuh the shops.. what will I get yuh'.

Dear reader: If you do this sordid practice, its just wrong. Help spread the word for the good of your declining province. God bless you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anamara86

I HATE when people stand really close behind you in a queue - breathing down your neck! Grr - move!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

one think that has been annoying me lately is the adds where the children act like adults and the adults act like children, mainly the add when the kid is the teacher "you've all got mortgages etc.." god I hate them so much

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dashiell hammett

Toilet seats that don't stay up on their own!

Fine when your sitting down but very irritating if you have to hold the seat up when your standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

He's basically just wandering around spraying the bottoms of peoples walls etc. I'm wary of whatever it is because he's got the face mask on, makes me wonder how safe it can be if he doesn't want to inhale it himself. None of us have ever asked him to do this. He's bored and takes it upon himself to do the councils job for them. There's a lot of young kids that play out in those areas, not to mention neighbourhood pets.

The council don't come out and do that type of thing anymore, due to the complete lack of money in the country!!! If the rest of ye cleaned up your own weeds he wouldn't be out there.

Good for the auld lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why the hell does everyone look at me when the doorbell rings, and ask who's at the door? Am I psychic? Can I see through walls now? GRRRR:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement