Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Lucena wrote: »
    Even worse when you hear non-native speakers of Irish do this when they speak Irish.

"Agus nuair a bhiomar i lar na cathrach, y'know, bhi a lan daoine ag feitheamh in aice leis stad an mbus, y'know".

Aontaím amach leat ar an ábhar sin. The pattern is usually thus: I get annoyed at the "you know" coming from every single person on RTÉ Radio 1. I give Newstalk a try and it's the same "you know" from everybody there. Then I turn on RnaG and there's somebody ag labhairt le Seán Bán nó le Rónán ag úsáid "you know" go seasta. Ar buile/Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Another one;

People that seemingly judge you after you exit a public toilet stall, that was already in a state before you entered, as though you were the one that did it!

Ooohhhh you've been at it again haven't you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Another one;

People that seemingly judge you after you exit a public toilet stall, that was already in a state before you entered, as though you were the one that did it!

Also when people have really loud craps in public toilets. I don't wanna hear you pebble-dashing the next stall over while i'm trying to drop a quiet and discreet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Shop staff that will not put my change in my hand despite me standing there holding it out and just throw it on the counter. Pricks.

Why would person in a shop touch every person that comes into their shop , for all they know you could just had your lad in your hand . I for one always put the change on the counter . If ye all want a little touchy feelly go to a night club.

You really don't know where they been. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

People who say "should of" rather than "should have"

You should have done that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

People who say 'pounds' instead of 'euro'.. We have not had pounds in years ffs.. Get over it!!
    Am also definitely with those who hate when people call any brand of crisps 'Tayto'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

^ same applies to some who say "thats 60 miles an hour in old money"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Birds flapping about in what are ostensibly indoor structures - shopping centres, public transport termini etc.

Sitting down for a coffee or sambo becomes instantly less appealing with a sighting of the winged rats, though the fatalism inherent in my suspicion I'd almost certainly be shat upon does make me chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

^ I freaked out a few months ago at Heuston station with all the pigeons.. Disgusting filthy things!

Another thing, When I get an email notification that a thread has been posted on Boards that I can't click on the link.. So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

Dostoevsky wrote: »
    Nah, I wouldn't. Aitch is the British pronunciation; haitch is the Irish pronunciation. It's only Irish people unsure of their language who think "aitch" is correct and haitch is incorrect

That's not something I have heard of before. Is this just your own personal opinion about how 'H' should be pronounced, or is there a source that I can reference and learn about this 'Irish pronunciation' you refer to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Kace wrote: »
    That's not something I have heard of before. Is this just your own personal opinion about how 'H' should be pronounced, or is there a source that I can reference and learn about this 'Irish pronunciation' you refer to ?

Most Irish people pronounce it "haitch". I've heard it was even a kind of shibboleth during The Troubles - they could tell which side you were on depending on how you said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I hate Katherine Ryan. She's a comedian, she's not funny at all. She makes me want to punch the tv, nobody angers me as much as her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Most Irish people pronounce it "haitch". I've heard it was even a kind of shibboleth during The Troubles - they could tell which side you were on depending on how you said it.

It's only now I'm realising your username isn't "langered", it's "language nerd", makes sense now given the above post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's only now I'm realising your username isn't "langered", it's "language nerd", makes sense now given the above post :D

Hahaha completely wrong, as I'm a non-drinker and not from Cork :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

When you're in a shop when you're give a receipt and you have a lot of change , the shop assistant puts the change on top of the receipt .

When people walk so close to you when there is loads of space on the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

People who say 'me' instead of 'my'. Makes my skin crawl. It's worse then again when some eejit that's not even from Dublin starts picking it up and using it. It just sounds rough to me.

Seriously, how hard is it to say 'my'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

1ZRed wrote: »
    People who say 'me' instead of 'my'. Makes my skin crawl. It's worse then again when some eejit that's not even from Dublin starts picking it up and using it. It just sounds rough to me.

Do re my ....just doesn't sound the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

"I tore me feckin britches"

Sounds more like a thing people like meself from down the country would more that likely say. Fairly sure it is a country thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just out of curiosity would you say?

"Yar, shiver me timbers"...or..."Yar, shiver my timbers"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

The word 'movie' contains two syllables.

The word 'film' contains just one.

Why oh why do some people add an extra syllable into 'film' to make it 'fillum'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

It annoys me when McDonalds give smaller portions of fries when it is a take out or drive through. When you are sitting in the place the box is usually full but when you take them away they always get up to their scabby shenanigans and fill it half way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

When people leave empty cartons of milk in the fridge :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fcuking FLIES!!! :mad:

Jesus these guys must have had their weetabix, they're fcuking HUGE, practically eating me alive the bastards! :mad:

I'm not mormally so wigged out by a couple of house flies, but these power lifters are coming in through the balcony door I have to leave open because of the heat, there's about four of them flying around here all week and it feels like at this stage they're just pucking the head off me and toying with me for sport! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Get a fly strip , hang it up,cost 2 - 3 euro.
    i do,nt like men who go around with no teeshirt, top when we get good weather.
    And sandals only look good on women.
    if you are not on a beach ,wear a tee shirt.
    Most irish don,t know how to dress in good weather.
    UNLESS you are a model, actress stay away from fake tan.

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Fcuking FLIES!!! :mad:

Jesus these guys must have had their weetabix, they're fcuking HUGE, practically eating me alive the bastards! :mad:

I'm not mormally so wigged out by a couple of house flies, but these power lifters are coming in through the balcony door I have to leave open because of the heat, there's about four of them flying around here all week and it feels like at this stage they're just pucking the head off me and toying with me for sport! :(

Same thing here. Went to woodies today and bought a screen to allow me to keep door open but block out the little bastards. Also got some fly spray to kill any who were already in. They were wrecking my head all week. Now all dead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i do,nt know if this is trivial ,
    I Hear the new paving ,flagstones they are laying down in grafton st is awful,looks
    dirty and stained .ITS costing 4million.
    Theres no point in saving a few grand on a project if the result looks dire.
    ITS like buying a new bmw car,and getting a ten year old kid to paint it with with an old can of paint.
    Why could they not do it like they did o,connell st.
    ITS like the nra ,build new roads,
    oh we forgot to build garages,shops ,rest area,s on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?
    People who get annoyed by trivial things.

Piliger wrote: »
    People who get annoyed by trivial things.

Don't be so trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Don't be so trivial
    Hey .. relax ... ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Those people that stand at the back of the checkout with a charity box or bucket and offer to pack your bags. They're almost as bad as chuggers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement