Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal of infraction in politics

Options
  • 18-01-2013 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭

I received a yellow card tonight from K-9 in the politics forum over a post in which I suggested that a poster who was querying the validity of debating Northern Irish issues that his issue would be better dealt with by consulting the owners or moderators rather than drawing the discussion off-topic.
    In discussion over this infraction with K-9, I was told the infraction was actually because it was felt the quality of my posts this evening had been poor.
    I don't believe that a subjective assessment of quality (an assessment I wouldn't agree with, obviously) is sufficient reason to infract someone, and I don't think I breached the charter.
    Therefore I'm writing to ask that this infraction be rescinded.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sorry for the delay. I'll take a look the first chance I get.

Dades

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okay, I've talked with K-9 and the card is to be lifted.

Although you did indeed break the charter for bringing up moderation in a thread, you were not the first (nor the last) and a warning might have sufficed. What's more that thread was closed quickly thereafter and amounted to nothing, frankly.

It is clear, however, from your record that you are only going to rack up more cards unless you show a bit more care in what you post (and who you respond to). Those cards are going to turn to bans in some forums as patience wears thin.

Anyhow, I'll request the card is removed and assume this a satisfactory outcome for you.

Dades

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Certainly is.
    Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement