Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of visa are you on?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

s.c wrote: »

I know at least two people that have gone down this route. As far as I know, the company needs to have two owners/directors. Then one puts the other forward for sponsorship as a director.

Sounds like a loophole ripe for closing by immigration. If anyone is considering doing this I'd weigh the risk that it might not be a long term solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yeah it's a bit like the loophole for the 2nd WHV where people were signing off false Farmers and ABN and of course the old 2nd Passport trick from a few years back. It worked for first bunch of chancers alright then once DIAC caught on closed it and went hard on the deportations and exclusions. Really once you have been associated with something that has been 'tainted' your visa can easily be revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Did you read the rest of my post?
    If course I did. Unlike you I also understand the process. It's not always entirely above board, but it can be done. It can be legit, but rules can also be bent.
    And I stand by my comment. 6k to arrange the company set up and the visa is way over priced. 457 costs less than 1k.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

PR

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

Mellor wrote: »
    If course I did. Unlike you I also understand the process. It's not always entirely above board, but it can be done. It can be legit, but rules can also be bent.
    And I stand by my comment. 6k to arrange the company set up and the visa is way over priced. 457 costs less than 1k.

Yes, as I said one guy did it for $900 so I don't really know what you are on about.
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    Yeah it's a bit like the loophole for the 2nd WHV where people were signing off false Farmers and ABN and of course the old 2nd Passport trick from a few years back. It worked for first bunch of chancers alright then once DIAC caught on closed it and went hard on the deportations and exclusions. Really once you have been associated with something that has been 'tainted' your visa can easily be revoked.

Em, not really. I haven't heard of anyone getting into issues with this visa. It's a business visa and it seems above board to be honest.
    So, no it's not a bit like that.

And even if it were, what are you saying? It's better not to try and stay under this visa and to just go home? If you have no other option, why wouldn't anyone do it? My brother moved from a 457 to a self sponsorship.
    What basis are you giving for your words. Pub talk?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Em, you of all people should be careful accusing others of 'Pub Talk'.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yes, as I said one guy did it for $900 so I don't really know what you are on about.
    I'm saying that paying 6k for that service is getting ripped off. I'm not sure how you don't follow this.
    My brother moved from a 457 to a self sponsorship.
    There's no such visa as self sponsorship. It's still a 457, with a company sponsoring an employee. I think you mean he went from 417 to 457.

jank wrote: »
    Em, you of all people should be careful accusing others of 'Pub Talk'.

Why? Am I talking sh!te in this instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Em, not really. I haven't heard of anyone getting into issues with this visa. It's a business visa and it seems above board to be honest.
    So, no it's not a bit like that.

Maybe so or it could be DIAC do not know that a company is providing 'Self sponsorship' for $6000.

Maybe they will be checking it out in the near future.

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Maybe so or it could be DIAC do not know that a company is providing 'Self sponsorship' for $6000.

Maybe they will be checking it out in the near future.

Yeah,...maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why? Am I talking sh!te in this instance?

Well the brown stuff is certainly evidant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Obviously these 'companies' would be hiring Australians and apprentices like all other companies that sponsor people...

I've already passed on details to one person through a private message.

Anyone else that wants details let me know through a PM and if it’s any use to you I’ll try to help any way I can.

“Obviously” other people here would rather knock this back and insult than try to help a fellow countryman that may want to know of all possible options.

Even though everyone seems to know everything here, there is little information other than how you cannot do things being provided.

These people would rather see you move on to Canada or somewhere else rather than exhaust all options in staying here.

Don’t let these people put you off this great country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Okay lads, we'll move on from here, back to 'what visa are you on' talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Citizen, PR originally
    I love that after a long international flight I can avoid big queue at immigration by swiping my passport at the smartgate

Advertisement