Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog killed with knife in Cork burglary; Waterford man held

Options
  • 18-01-2013 2:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Probably has about 50 previous convictions and will be back on the streets tonight.
    A man has been arrested for questioning in Cork in connection with an aggravated burglary in which an Alsatian dog was killed.

Gardaí say a man broke into a house in the Fairhill area on the north side of the city at around 9pm last night and attacked the dog with a knife, killing him.

The alarm was raised and gardaí were quickly on the scene. A 25-year-old Waterford man was arrested.

The man was taken to Gurranebraher garda station for questioning, where he is being held under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/dog-killed-with-knife-in-cork-burglary-waterford-man-held-581490.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

It only says Waterford Man. Doesn't say if he's from the city or the county. Could be from West Waterford? Seriously why are you posting this ****e in the city forum? Should we post in the Cork City Forum everytime a cork person robs a house in Waterford with the headline "Another Cork Knacker?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

This thread wont last very long.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've edited the thread title as it does nothing but basically call out "look at me i want to stir-crap", also we all know what the word refers to and we all know the charter by now so its uncalled for.

If this thread turns into a train wreck it'll be locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Did the dog pull a knife first though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Another big brave man. He gutted a ten week old pup.
    "It had been stabbed a number of times. The puppy was dead at his (Mr Power's) feet – it had been gutted down the stomach," he said. "He took a bread knife to the dog."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/gardai-found-gutted-10weekold-puppy-at-feet-of-burglary-accused-court-is-told-3356554.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Did the dog pull a knife first though?
    your sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    It only says Waterford Man. Doesn't say if he's from the city or the county. Could be from West Waterford? Seriously why are you posting this ****e in the city forum? Should we post in the Cork City Forum everytime a cork person robs a house in Waterford with the headline "Another Cork Knacker?"

Ok we will call him another Waterford Scumbag. When i said Knacker i actually wasnt meaning Travellers i was referring to the other thread with the heroin dealer.

So you reckon we just pretend its not happening. How many houses do you think these Scumbags have robbed in Waterford? You think this isnt relevant to Waterford no?

Im guessng whoever actually lives on Hennessys road beside these Vermin Powers will think its very relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

As the thread stands now, it's title and content, I don't have an issue with it being in the Waterford City forum. It's not much different to the "man run out of his Ballybeg home" thread. It's just reporting an incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

He's from Dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

your sad
    Look up irony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭shebzie

Roanmore wrote: »
    He's from Dungarvan.
    How do you no if he is from dungarvan

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

A thug is a thug no matter where he's from.The alarming increase in the availability of heroin in Waterford and Cork has led to all these burglaries recently.

Was talking to somebody who knows one of the Gardai who was there, very distressing by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

I, sadly, know the guy in question... for a long time (saw his pic in the paper & have had quiet a few run ins) He's from Cappoquin & sorry mods I've never posted anything outside the rules but this guy deserves hell for what he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

shebzie wrote: »
    How do you no if he is from dungarvan

Btw,wrong. He's been barred from there for a few years. Who gets barred from an entire town you may ask... the exact type of person who gets sent to our once 'innocent, crime-free' neighborhood!

Yeah, should have said around Dungarvan area (second hand info so wasn't specific).

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ducky9

MissRetro wrote: »

Btw,wrong. He's been barred from there for a few years. Who gets barred from an entire town you may ask... the exact type of person who gets sent to our once 'innocent, crime-free' neighborhood!
    Any idea what kinda time he got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

What happened with this thug? locked up or a slap on the wrist?

What happened with this thug? locked up or a slap on the wrist?

Out on the streets again now was spotted locally few days ago #scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭waterford

On the streets of Dungarvan or (the city) Watrford

• Advertisement

waterford wrote: »
    On the streets of Dungarvan or (the city) Watrford

Cappoquin dunno where he went since

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

ducky9 wrote: »
    Out on the streets again now was spotted locally few days ago #scumbag

suffice to say, lock up your growlers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

rgmmg wrote: »
    suffice to say, lock up your growlers
    bo20selecta20mel20b7265501.jpg

Was back in cappoquin today apparently with the girl whose dog he butchered guards were called dunno anything else

Advertisement