Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for a 2nd year WHV application to be processed?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is listed on here already -I'm trying to quickly and discreetly write this at work off my phone!

My gf has submitted her application this time last week and is still waiting on "processing" online.

Heard mixed reports regarding as little as 1 day or as long as 3 week wait time etc so just wondering what peoples general experiences are with how long it can take.

I understand it's probably very dependant on how many applications are backlogged etc.

We attached all payslips, bank statements and passport pictures into the application as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sunny.Days

I think mine took about a week or so but I can't be sure it was a while ago. I had a friend last week that went home for Christmas and applied while she was home with flights ready to go back to Australia but they were taking so long to get back to her she was starting to look into changing her flights. I think they're just busy with the time of year. You'll be fine! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gabberific

Mine took 11 days, my friend's took 11 months!

If you're worried, call up, no harm to check and see. It may just be the time of year though.

Are you in Oz now? You can work on the bridging visa they grant in between first and second WHVs, well I could anyway, so unless you're out of the country or planning to leave, don't worry about it!

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

Back in 2010 mine took about 1day as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollyday

Gabberific, just wondering if your friend ever found out why his/her visa took 11 months to process? Also were they out of Aus? I'm in Ireland and have been waiting on my 2nd year whv since early november, I've emailed and called them countless times...still no visa..supplied all the evidence as soon as they asked for it and no update since. It's so frustrating!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Sunny.Days

hollyday wrote: »
    Gabberific, just wondering if your friend ever found out why his/her visa took 11 months to process? Also were they out of Aus? I'm in Ireland and have been waiting on my 2nd year whv since early november, I've emailed and called them countless times...still no visa..supplied all the evidence as soon as they asked for it and no update since. It's so frustrating!! :mad:

I've heard a few times that if u apply while in Australia for your 2nd year whv they make you a higher priority than if you were to apply from Ireland. This is because they're trying to avoid putting people in the country on bridging visas, from what I'm being told anyway! Basically, avoiding more work for themselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 hollyday

Hmm really Sunny.Days? Suppose it makes sense alright! My own fault for not doing it from oz where I'd be priority hehe. I can picture my app sitting at the bottom of the pile... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

mine took 7 months in 2006.... and they gave me the time for free:D

Advertisement