Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Rankings

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Should we try to get a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Should we try to get a replacement?

Well there are a few open spots. Not sure what we can do to get more.

There are currently 4 CPU teams (Texans, Chargers, Dolphins, Bills)

The reason I haven't removed their owners is to stop the CPU making FA bids that break our rules in the off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Also I think Nerd69 and Paully D have some intention of coming back if they become available. So if someone was to become interested in participating maybe they should choose from Bills and Dolphins first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Do we need to update our power rankings? like is this what we'll be using for picking teams in the next madden.Just thought I'd mention it while we still have this seasons results available

I have this seasons results on a spreadsheet.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I have this seasons results on a spreadsheet.

How did you do that? Are they downloadable somewhere or was it simply time and effort?

Time and effort :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    Time and effort :(

Raoul... you can do this part:D

• Advertisement

Well at least you excel data entry skills are getting good work, stick it on your CV! You will probably be doing that for the first 3/4 months of your career.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Raoul wrote: »
    Well at least you excel data entry skills are getting good work, stick it on your CV! You will probably be doing that for the first 3/4 months decades of your career.

FYP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My biggest task tonight is "not doing a Raoul" i can see myself simming the draft :eek:

My biggest task tonight is "not doing a Raoul" i can see myself simming the draft :eek:

Cheers for bringing that up. It was confusing though and I did say to people in my party do I have to go and advance this now or what and everyone was like Yep yep yep. Anyway...back on topic please!!!

Heli,

Step 1: At 9pm, go to advance, and force advance.

Step 2: WAIT

Step 3: NFL Draft will appear, click on it, press start, job done.

Step 4: Do not simulate AFTER the draft, it should go straight to pre season week 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do we have to wait for the draft advance to put trades through?

No, myself and the Raiders trade went though ok

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul wrote: »
    Cheers for bringing that up. It was confusing though and I did say to people in my party do I have to go and advance this now or what and everyone was like Yep yep yep. Anyway...back on topic please!!!

Dont blame us, it was all you my friend

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Dont blame us, it was all you my friend

Hey, I do take full responsibility. It was a dark moment! :( I received death threats via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Will we be getting a chat group going again? Was good the last time round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I was just searching through older threads and found this one. I know it's early still (2 and a half months away until release date) but is this the format we will be using to select teams for Madden 25? It worked really well last year I thought.

As for how many human v human games I played in season one. I remember beating Berty, Luke and Perrin and losing to Heli, Mike and Raoul. I also lost to the CPU Raiders in week 1, the spirit of Ibmax lived on :pac:

After looking it up it appears I left before week 9 and I had a bye week in week 8, so my record was 3-3 vs humans and 3-4 in total. Either way I'll be picking one of the last.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas for the new game to be honest. Going so long without playing Madden has me itching to get back into it.

Paully D wrote: »
    I was just searching through older threads and found this one. I know it's early still (2 and a half months away until release date) but is this the format we will be using to select teams for Madden 25? It worked really well last year I thought.

As for how many human v human games I played in season one. I remember beating Berty, Luke and Perrin and losing to Heli, Mike and Raoul. I also lost to the CPU Raiders in week 1, the spirit of Ibmax lived on :pac:

After looking it up it appears I left before week 9 and I had a bye week in week 8, so my record was 3-3 vs humans and 3-4 in total. Either way I'll be picking one of the last.

I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas for the new game to be honest. Going so long without playing Madden has me itching to get back into it.

Yeah you're mad for going so long without out it, I've been hooked on Madden this year. The improvement in my game from week 1 of season 1 to now is crazy, I'll be picking a better team next season due to sticking around, no world beaters, but hopefully a few decent lads.

Yeah will be the same, as you say Paully it worked well so i dont think theres a need to change it.

Also most people will have been around for 2 seasons (if not 3) so it gives a fair reflection of their ability so people will get a fair pick.

And those wimps who left early... well they can just take the dross :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I think i might actually like the Eagles or Colts again if they're available in the new league when i get to pick, it looks like they'll have a proper RB in Ahmad Bradshaw now which is something i have'nt had up until this season.

Titans again for me, can someone please pick the Jags!!!! Mikey cannot be allowed to have them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

He would pick up Tebow on a free right away :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I actually don't mind who I get next season,its the whole building them up thats half the fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I actually don't mind who I get next season,its the whole building them up thats half the fun

The raiders r all urs Perrin!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yeah you're mad for going so long without out it, I've been hooked on Madden this year. The improvement in my game from week 1 of season 1 to now is crazy, I'll be picking a better team next season due to sticking around, no world beaters, but hopefully a few decent lads.

I was really disappointed I had to leave, I do miss the game. I had played it virtually non-stop the day I got it (release day) until around mid-October, but then things got hectic unfortunately :mad: I can't wait until the season starts up again. It's going to be a long 10 or so weeks waiting for the game. I might even get the season ticket this year.
    And those wimps who left early... well they can just take the dross :pac::pac:

:pac:

I'm actually looking forward to getting a weaker team. Half the fun is building them up and the owner mode seems really good for that with the options to relocate etc.

• Advertisement

Titans again for me, can someone please pick the Jags!!!! Mikey cannot be allowed to have them again!

Believe me I am not praying the Jags fall to me this time, MJD will take a stat hit, the QB's will take a stat hit (although it's amazing they can get worse), and only Paul Poz remains on my playmakers on D. The Jaguars are a huge project in real life, one I'm kind of excited about, but in Madden? Jaysus no.

Knowing your luck I'd get the Texans! :pac:
    madalig12 wrote: »
    He would pick up Tebow on a free right away :pac:

Hah! I probably would, although he won't be as usable in M25 I reckon.

Advertisement