Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medical card only just approved.....have A and E bill!

• 18-01-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi guys
    hope someone can help

I gave birth on 22/9/12 and phoned medical card section in Sep to inform them of the birth. (Hubbie and me and other son are all card holders). I was told I needed to write a letter with copy of birth cert, babys PPs number etc.

I sent this beginning of October. My baby had to visit A and E twice last week and the GP / nurse a couple of times (got a scold / burn). I received the A and E bill yesterday so phoned up medical card section again to ask what was going on. Basically they had done nothing with the paperwork. I have just checked online now and he has his med card number but the valid from date is showing as 17/01/13 ie yesterday - surely this should have a date of before Christmas?
    Does this now mean I am liable for all these medical bills? Cause I really dont have the money for A and E let alone the several trips to the dr's surgery.

Anyone any advise?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

no, the new card will cover the bills as he was entitled to it at the time. Just ring hospital billing dept & give them the card number & the invoice number from the bill & ask them to cancel it. They can check the validity of the card & should cancel the bill on foot of this.

Advertisement