Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ducks near Dundrum

Options
  • 18-01-2013 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I've always enjoyed feeding ducks.

Does anyone know of any reliable places to find them around Dundrum?

Obviously I could just go to St Stephen's Green but somewhere closer would also be nice.

I've lived in the area for my whole life and, beyond seeing a couple paddling down the Slang, I've never really come across many.

Any ideas? Marley Park, maybe?

Perhaps it's a bizarre question but it's something most people enjoy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin County South

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Fair enough. I didn't realise that the Dublin County South forum had a pointless Dublin County South sub-forum that actually had threads in it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

There's lots of ducks and other birds in Marlay Park. The area around the pond is beautiful. There's ducks in St Enda's also, but there doesn't seem to be as many as there used to be be. There are ducks in Rathfarnham Castle park. Bushy Park is a little further away but well worth a visit - there's swans there too. Here's a pic of Bushy Park last summer:
    zieOc.jpg

And Rathfarnham Castle Park:

mpXoQ.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Marley park is probably your best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

UCD is our duck feeding venue of choice:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Blackrock park also has ducks

Advertisement