Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spices - Holland and Barratt 1c Sale

• 18-01-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

For curry and general spice enthusiasts, this is a great bargain.

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/categories.asp?cid=380&searchterm=spice&rdcnt=1

The H+B cent sale is generally pretty awesome, but the great thing about the spice sale is it's 'Buy One Get One For A Cent Mix n Match' so you can really build your spice collection for a hell of a lot less than you would in any supermarket or Asian market.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The promotion applies to most of their products, not just spices.

But to get 8 different spices for about a tenner is a fantastic deal. Cheers, OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 skinsuit

These are certainly cheaper than supermarkets but Asian markets are still a good a bit cheaper. I can only comment on the ones in Dublin but on Abbey St and in Blanch village the spices would come in larger bags (100g and 200g) and work out less than half the price than H+B even when on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

skinsuit wrote: »
    These are certainly cheaper than supermarkets but Asian markets are still a good a bit cheaper. I can only comment on the ones in Dublin but on Abbey St and in Blanch village the spices would come in larger bags (100g and 200g) and work out less than half the price than H+B even when on sale.

You may well be right in some cases, but I'd have to disagree that cheaper can be found on all these spice with the sale, from my experience.

A verifiable example would be the cumin seeds - 2 x 100g packs for €2.50, so €1.25 per bag.

In the Drury St. Asian market, I'd pay approx €2 (€1.89, I think) for a 100g bag.

With the free delivery on orders over €20, you can knock together a pretty decent spice collection from scratch, and save the travel/parking/hassle involved with heading for a browse in the Asian market!

Advertisement