Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did'nt pay sky now got letter today.

Options
  • 18-01-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

to be clear you never informed them, you just stopped paying? Have you told them now? Your 30 day notice period only starts when you tell them, so your still running up bills I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

Similar thing happened to me, whomitconcerns is right, you have to notify them because according to them you're still responsible for the connection even though your channels have been cancelled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I can up the anti for ye, I've three "we'll be around to collect in person" letters and my credit is in ribbons and I'm waiting for the follow up threatened court appearance.

I'm a twelve month cut off SKY veteran now.

Off topic, I also had eviction notices from the local authority, disconnection letter from the ESB and unauthorised overdraft needing immediate payment so I was really frightened by SKY's red letter ~ not! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

well as your billed a month in arrears if you didnt pay the bill that arrived in december you probably owe them for november and december, and january at this stage....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭wasim butt

Just do not pay pay them,
    Even the 52E, let them cancel your service,ignore all the letters and phone calls you receive from them :)
    Thats what I did and they called the repo men after me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭kristian12

well as your billed a month in arrears if you didnt pay the bill that arrived in december you probably owe them for november and december, and january at this stage....

Actually with Sky its a month in advance you pay.

Sky can wave the charges for services not received although they will initially tell you they can't. I have had repeated issues with Sky in the past 12mnths where i've had them try and take payment from wrong account and they've suspended services. I've had them credit account with varying credit from 2 days to 2 weeks where i finally got fed up and told them i wasn't paying on card again and they could wait for next dd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭28064212

darced wrote: »
    You did have Sky, you just didn't use it. You pay for access to Sky services, not for use of them.

By far your best course of action would be to get on to Sky, explain your circumstances, give your notice, and work out a method of repaying what you owe. Hoping the problem will resolve itself if you ignore it is almost never the right option

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

28064212 wrote: »
    if you ignore it is almost never the right option

Sometimes one if forced into this. It's always "NO! We can't do that!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

If you just don't pay, how on earth do you expect the supplier to know the service is no longer required? Doesn't matter the service's been turned off. You still have access! Read your T's & C's.

A simple phone call or e-mail would've sufficed. Now, the longer you leave it the bigger the bill! Call Sky NOW and give the required notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

gbee wrote: »
    I can up the anti for ye, I've three "we'll be around to collect in person" letters and my credit is in ribbons and I'm waiting for the follow up threatened court appearance.

Off topic, I also had eviction notices from the local authority, disconnection letter from the ESB and unauthorised overdraft needing immediate payment so I was really frightened by SKY's red letter ~ not! :)

Sure Y would you care about sky when your going to have no ESB soon anyway!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

gbee wrote: »

Some of us think we are bad but reading your post makes my worries small
    I sincerely hope things work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭28064212

In 30 days, your services will be suspended and you will no longer have access to Sky. You will still be under contract, and still liable to pay for the remainder of the contract, until you provide your 30 days notice. CALL THEM. Explain your circumstances, give your notice, and work out a method of repaying what you owe

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

As above. It might also help if you read the T's & C's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You must tell them you wish to cancel the service!
    You are most likely outside of any contract period but you are still liable for any charges up to the point at which you tell them to cease service plus any notice period!

Advertisement