Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchasing a machine from China-concern

Options
  • 18-01-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing a machine from a company in China. I have recieved a quote and a price from them for shipping costs. However as this machine will cost me €3000-4000 i am very worried about parting with such an amount without a proper look into this company.

Is there any safeguards i can put in place, or things i can do to ensure this company is legit. Thanks in advance.

Mods: Feel free to move if in the wrong place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056852745 Read this first, really great info.

I have purchased some industrial equipment from China in the past. The pricing is very attractive but hard to be sure of the quality. I only bought from compnaies that were able to give me contact details for existing customers in Europe or the USA. I contacted then for references and only bought based on that feedback.

You are right to be very cautious, but you can get a great deal if you do the hard work of checking them out properly.

hope this helps

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056852745 Read this first, really great info.

I have purchased some industrial equipment from China in the past. The pricing is very attractive but hard to be sure of the quality. I only bought from compnaies that were able to give me contact details for existing customers in Europe or the USA. I contacted then for references and only bought based on that feedback.

You are right to be very cautious, but you can get a great deal if you do the hard work of checking them out properly.

hope this helps

Peter

Great stuff Peter, thanks for that. Got a few pm's from Irish people in China willing to do a bit of digging for me also which is great.

Advertisement