Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian IEC Working Holiday Visa - help needed!!!

Options
  • 18-01-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi, I don't know if that's the correct thread, but need some questions answered asap please .
    When applying for the IEC Visa, not through an agency but yourself, online, there are a number of conditions that you have to meet to be eligible to participate. You need $2500 in your bank account & have a plane ticket to get there. Does this have to be met WHEN entering your application for IEC??? As it would make a lot more sense that you'd need the funds there when flying there, so you could save in the meantime ... Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

As far as i know u just have to have a bank statement declaring that you have the funds printed and dated no later than one week before departure.You may be asked to show this to the immigration officer at the port of entry to Canada.My bro in law had this done when he went with USIT back in 2010 but he was never even asked for it.id imagine that they are tightening up on things like this now though.hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nobodiez

Hi tutts, thanks for this input. I realise that you have to show the proof of the fact that you have enough money to the immigration officer, but thought that maybe you had to show it while applying online, which can be a year before actually going away. Cheers anyway!

Advertisement