Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon repairers alternative?

• 18-01-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Do you know of a place where they repair Canon cameras alternatively to sending it away to Canon?

I own a 550d rebel T2i and unfortunately the day after my warranty ran out I dropped her right on the flash hot shoe. Following her fall anytime I try to take a photo I am presented with the message 'error 30'. I took her into Conn's cameras who took a look at it and guessed it was the shutter blades that were damaged. They said this could cost anywhere from €180 - €260. The problem is that Conn's cameras informed me that Canon will fully take apart my camera and fix every detail, such as the bent hot shoe and charge me for it whether I request it or not. Unfortunately I do not have endless money to throw at this problem. So is there an alternative to using the Canon repair team in the Dublin based area? Or am I better off dismantling her and selling her for parts....

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Send a PM to Zerohamster on here. He fixes cameras and might be able to help you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

I do repair if you would like to PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Ballyman wrote: »
    Send a PM to Zerohamster on here. He fixes cameras and might be able to help you out

+1 for Zerohamster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

+1 for Zerohamster. Does excellent work, and is a gentleman to deal with. very accommodating. Great guy.

Advertisement