Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Losing Power

Options
  • 18-01-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help!

I have an '05 Nissan Almera. It's got a lot of miles on the clock (134k) and it's now giving me a lot of problems.

Recently I've had the clutch slave cylinder changed as it was leaking. At the time the car was losing power when in high gears. I thought this was linked to the clutch slave, but alas after replacing that the car is giving me more problems.

My engine warning light is on, and has been for a number of weeks. Now the car will lose power, and sometimes even cut out when there are low revs. When it loses power I have to put my foot to the floor, maybe even go down a gear, but it feels like something is holding the car back. Even when I go down a gear it doesn't make much of a difference. The revs don't go crazy either, they stay as they normally would, even though I am in a lower gear.
    If I stop and switch the car off and on again, it will fix the loss of power - most of the time, but not always.

From reading a lot of articles online it seems it could be many things, the most common being the timing chain, battery, crankshaft or maybe fuel injection.

I know I need to bring it to get it scanned to see what the error code is, but I've been hesitant after being ripped off somewhere before.

Any help would be amazing!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sounds like it's going into limp home mode - might need to replace the MAF sensor (had the same issue on a 2001 Almera).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

i think there is few threads ... while ago ... about nissan almeras ,,.... owners been ripped off, as number sensors replaced, which not help. check engine light means,, car not working right, and it has to be investigate straight away, as one faulty sensor not replaced in time, may damage other sensors or components ... like catalytic converter.

Heard that faulty air flow mass sensor use to be make such problems.

But better is pop in in to reputable garage for diagnostics.

Advertisement