Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7" Android Table €69.99 in DID - Any good?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It's grand for a 10 yr old,wouldn't have paid the original €99.99 for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

AndroidTM 4.0 (ICS) Tablet
    Responsive, Capacitive Touch-Screen
    Hardware: 1.2GHz Processor, 512MB DDR3 Ram
    Perfect for Exploring: Web, Games, E-Books, Video & More
    Android Apps Available from SlideME Marketplace
    Explore your favourite videos, music and e-books - the Scroll Explore tablet is capable of handling a wide range of multimedia quickly and efficiently. Take it out with you for use on journeys (this Scroll can support most 3G dongles via its USB port), in your hotel room or simply at home from the comfort of your favourite chair.

Thats not a bad tablet, The only issue i would have would be the 512MB, In my opinion 1Gb ram is the minimum nessecary to run smooth enough to not have complaints. However it depends on how you intend to use it. Someone else who knows more about these thing should fill you in as im not sure about tablet pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

"7" Android Table €69.99 in DID - Any good?"

An android table would be pretty cool, I'm thinking of something like the old pacman tables from pubs but with angry birds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

AndroidTM 4.0 (ICS) Tablet
    Responsive, Capacitive Touch-Screen
    Hardware: 1.2GHz Processor, 512MB DDR3 Ram
    Perfect for Exploring: Web, Games, E-Books, Video & More
    Android Apps Available from SlideME Marketplace
    Explore your favourite videos, music and e-books - the Scroll Explore tablet is capable of handling a wide range of multimedia quickly and efficiently. Take it out with you for use on journeys (this Scroll can support most 3G dongles via its USB port), in your hotel room or simply at home from the comfort of your favourite chair.

Thats not a bad tablet, The only issue i would have would be the 512MB, In my opinion 1Gb ram is the minimum nessecary to run smooth enough to not have complaints. However it depends on how you intend to use it. Someone else who knows more about these thing should fill you in as im not sure about tablet pc

Thanks folks - think I'll go for it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

IRCA wrote: »
    Thanks folks - think I'll go for it!

id get the model no. check reviews, i imagine at a guess, the wifi is probably dire along with battery, most 'reduced' tablets are reduced for a reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I'd be a bit wary of "Android Apps Available from SlideME Marketplace"

From what I can see the SlideME Marketplace doesn't have "Angry Birds" though it does have loads of derivative games.

If it does not have the full Google play store, i would not buy it. Not even for my 7 year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Dont do it, an extra 40 or 50 will get you something with 1 Gig of RAM and a proper Google Play marketplace, this thing will also suffer from piss poor wifi and battery as has already been said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This review is pretty poor, as people said above note there's no market place access.
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/storage-options-scroll-7-inch-tablet-1023368/review

Advertisement