Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found In Navan

Options
  • 18-01-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there,

I found a stray dog on Thursday (18/1) evening outside my house in the Fitzherbert Court/Slane Road area. As the weather was so bad, I took it in because I did not want to leave the dog outside for the night.

A few details about the dog

- Female
    - Mongrel/Cross breed
    - Medium sized
    - Brown/Golden coat
    - No collar
    - No Microchip
    - Seemingly has been out by itself for a number of days
    - Very friendly/Good with strangers
    - Well trained

As I've said, the dog seems to have been out in the elements for a good few days now, so someone may have lost her in the last week or so. I reckon it's a family pet, well used to being around people, and an 'indoors' dog.

If anyone is missing a dog that fits the description, or know of anyone who's recently lost a dog, then send me a PM, and hopefully we can reunite her with it's owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭gipi

If you're on facebook, contact Drogheda Animal Rescue via their page. They often post photos and information on lost and found animals for the Louth and Meath areas

Hope doggy is re-united with owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ArVandelay

Having been in contact with the local vet, dog pound, and looking through various facebook sites, a dog of this description doesn't seem to have been reported. I haven't seen any notices in local shops either.

I hope it's not the case, but I'm starting to suspect that she may have been abandoned for whatever reason.

Unfortunately I may have to hand her over to a sanctuary or charity after the weekend because I wouldn't be able to look after her long-term.

Again, if any of the info above rings a bell then please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

My neighbour lost a female dog, its mother is a bichon frize and father looked like a japaneze atika. Only about 7 months old. Missing about a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Woodford 3

ArVandelay wrote: »
    Hey there,

I found a stray dog on Thursday (18/1) evening outside my house in the Fitzherbert Court/Slane Road area. As the weather was so bad, I took it in because I did not want to leave the dog outside for the night.

A few details about the dog

- Female
    - Mongrel/Cross breed
    - Medium sized
    - Brown/Golden coat
    - No collar
    - No Microchip
    - Seemingly has been out by itself for a number of days
    - Very friendly/Good with strangers
    - Well trained

As I've said, the dog seems to have been out in the elements for a good few days now, so someone may have lost her in the last week or so. I reckon it's a family pet, well used to being around people, and an 'indoors' dog.

If anyone is missing a dog that fits the description, or know of anyone who's recently lost a dog, then send me a PM, and hopefully we can reunite her with it's owner.[Hi I was wondering did you surrender this dog to the dog warden around the 21/22nd Jan? It sounds like the dog I adoped from the pound last Monday and she was found at above location and description sounds the same. This is just to let you know that she is in a new home with me and settling in nicely. The reason I found your thread was because I was also looking on various websites to see if anybody was missing her and like you found nothing. So know Im happy that she was meant for me. Thank you for taking her in for the few days

Advertisement