Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postage and packaging of product orders recieved online

Options
  • 18-01-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm starting a website that sells a product online. Now basically I'm wondering what are the cheapest options for post and packaging to uk,europe,USA etc.

As the product will only cost €20 I don't want the P&P to be to high. The box is 9cm high x 9cm deep x 14cm wide and weighs 0.3kg.

I'd anticipate that business would be slow to start with but once its online getting reviews it could pick up fast in US and UK markets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

An Post are the best option in my opinion.
    The size you describe is a 'small packet' and the rates are as follows

Ireland (1 - 3 day) - €4.00
    UK / Europe (2 - 4 day) - €5.00
    Rest of World (5 - 7 day) - €5.00

The above are standard postage rates and unless the volume is pretty significant, discounts are not available.
    I have Express labels at the following rates, which I must pre purchase in batches of 25
    Ireland (Next Day) - €5.95 up to 10kg
    UK / Europe (2 day) - €8.00 up to 5kg

I drop parcels to the Dublin Mails Centre up to 19:00 for dispatch which I find useful as I am based nearby.

Hope the above is useful, if you need any further info let me know

JMR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

http://www.discountpackaging.ie/blue-opaque-mailers/216-x-356mm-blue-opaque-mailer.html. These mailing bags at under 7 cent each should be ideal!!

Cheers

Peter

http://www.discountpackaging.ie/blue-opaque-mailers/216-x-356mm-blue-opaque-mailer.html. These mailing bags at under 7 cent each should be ideal!!

Cheers

Peter

They are indeed! I use them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lou14

JMR wrote: »
    An Post are the best option in my opinion.
    The size you describe is a 'small packet' and the rates are as follows

Ireland (1 - 3 day) - €4.00
    UK / Europe (2 - 4 day) - €5.00
    Rest of World (5 - 7 day) - €5.00

The above are standard postage rates and unless the volume is pretty significant, discounts are not available.
    I have Express labels at the following rates, which I must pre purchase in batches of 25
    Ireland (Next Day) - €5.95 up to 10kg
    UK / Europe (2 day) - €8.00 up to 5kg

I drop parcels to the Dublin Mails Centre up to 19:00 for dispatch which I find useful as I am based nearby.

Hope the above is useful, if you need any further info let me know

JMR

Thanks for that. Is standard post safe enough or do you give the option for both when you sell your product online. thanks again

lou14 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Is standard post safe enough or do you give the option for both when you sell your product online. thanks again

I provide both options.
    If your product is such that the customer will need it quickly, then standard post to UK and further afield can take a few days and may not be acceptable for some.
    Express post is also tracked, which is another advantage

• Advertisement
Advertisement