Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WINDOWS 8 UPDATE ERROR CODE: Code 80073712

• 18-01-2013 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Hi so when i try to install " 3 important windows updates" i get the errorCode 80073712 failed to install updates. The get help with error button yeilds no results either.

OP= windows 8

I have tried the sfc/ scannow command and it brings this :

sfcerror.png

also the updates are:

UPDATES.png

any suggestions to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I'll bump this thread - I'm having the same issue on Windows 8 with updates KB2737084, KB2757638, KB2770660 and KB2777294.

From googling around, I've tried:
    1. running sfc /scannow
    2. stopping the Windows Update service and deleting the data in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    3. going to C:\Windows\servicing\packages and deleting any file with the affected KB numbers

After doing the above and rebooting, the problem is still there.

Usual warnings about mucking around in the Windows directory apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

I'll bump this thread - I'm having the same issue on Windows 8 with updates KB2737084, KB2757638, KB2770660 and KB2777294.

From googling around, I've tried:
    1. running sfc /scannow
    2. stopping the Windows Update service and deleting the data in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
    3. going to C:\Windows\servicing\packages and deleting any file with the affected KB numbers

After doing the above and rebooting, the problem is still there.

Usual warnings about mucking around in the Windows directory apply.
    A friend of mine had the same problem and it transpired that an update for framework 4.5 was the culprit, so he restored it to before the framework update and then hid that update and everything is updating fine now, it might work for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

200motels wrote: »
    A friend of mine had the same problem and it transpired that an update for framework 4.5 was the culprit, so he restored it to before the framework update and then hid that update and everything is updating fine now, it might work for you.

I got an opportunity to try that out, unfortunately it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll just leave it alone for now and see what happens when the next Patch Tuesday comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

What i did to fix it for me, well not really a fix but i had to restore a previous system image, I couldnt find a fix online so this was a last resort and it worked and all the update went with it, im going to back up now more often, hope you find a fix soon

Advertisement