Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Osram advertisement bulb

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Looks very early by style of lettering, I'd say 1920's/30's as it's trying to get people to change from town gas?? There are guys that collect advertising material who would find it interesting.

The company still exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Looks very early by style of lettering, I'd say 1920's/30's as it's trying to get people to change from town gas?? There are guys that collect advertising material who would find it interesting.

The company still exists.

Oh very interesting, ive had it for a good few years given to me by an old neighbor.

This was all I could find similar: http://www.etsy.com/listing/92977277/antique-advertising-porcelain-dish-osram

But that bulb looks a lot more modern because of the threaded bulb and it looks a lot newer.

Thanks for the reply though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

slpower01 wrote: »
    Oh very interesting, ive had it for a good few years given to me by an old neighbor.

This was all I could find similar: http://www.etsy.com/listing/92977277/antique-advertising-porcelain-dish-osram

But that bulb looks a lot more modern because of the threaded bulb and it looks a lot newer.

Thanks for the reply though :)

German style lettering on the porcelain looks a bit newer, the one in the link is definitely 30s style for the German market, but missing it's advertising bulb with ship inside I'm guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭slpower01

Ive emailed osram to see if they know the history behind it and find out how many were made... its something that has just sat there for years so would love to know what it actually was for.

Advertisement