Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't use storage heaters so do i need the night saver? Direct Debit and Online disco

Options
  • 18-01-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi

Just  a quick query, i don't use the storage heating in my apartment and there would be very little electricity used at night - how would i know if i am better off by having a the night saver option? Looking at my bill and not sure what I should be looking for :confused: I sent in an email query on this previously (53072-621935 may be the query number?)

Also, never received the DD or online discount - will this be backdated to the date the contract was started with Electric Ireland?

Sorry for the 2 questions!!:D

Thanks
    Wexy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Wexy86,

The Nightsaver would only benefit you if your electricity consumption is significant during the Nightsaver hours (midnight to 9am summer; 11pm to 8am winter) - e.g. washing machine, timed heating. With the Nightsaver, the day rate is higher, so you would simply be paying extra for day usage if you were not using electricity much at night.

The price-plan discounts are applied when customers contact us to have this done. They are not back-dated - it is up to the customer to have us apply these discounts, because they comprise a contract, and we need to have agreement to terms and conditions by the customer first.

If you wish, I can apply these to your account today. This price-plan would expire on 31st March 2014, and if a customer has it set up and then changes supplier before the above date, a €50 exit fee is applicable to them. If you would like me to have the discounts applied to your account, drop me a private message with your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your account, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account.

All the best :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Wexy86

Hi Wexy86,

The Nightsaver would only benefit you if your electricity consumption is significant during the Nightsaver hours (midnight to 9am summer; 11pm to 8am winter) - e.g. washing machine, timed heating. With the Nightsaver, the day rate is higher, so you would simply be paying extra for day usage if you were not using electricity much at night.

The price-plan discounts are applied when customers contact us to have this done. They are not back-dated - it is up to the customer to have us apply these discounts, because they comprise a contract, and we need to have agreement to terms and conditions by the customer first.

If you wish, I can apply these to your account today. This price-plan would expire on 31st March 2014, and if a customer has it set up and then changes supplier before the above date, a €50 exit fee is applicable to them. If you would like me to have the discounts applied to your account, drop me a private message with your Electric Ireland account number, your name/address in full as they appear on your account, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account.

All the best
    Una
    Hi Una

What is considered significant usage? We used 550 units on our last bill (xmas) and 100 of these units were on the night saver? Is this low enough to go for the standard same rate throughout the day?

Thanks!
    Wexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Wexy,

100 units in two months would definitely be low enough to stay with the standard meter, and would not be high enough to take advantage of the Nightsaver.

All the best,
    Una

Advertisement