Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooded Roads - Blacklion Manor / Redford Park

Options
  • 18-01-2013 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

2:15pm - Fri 18th Jan 2013

Warning: Flooding entrance to Redford Park estate.

The council have open manhole covers to try and divert the excessive flood water now pouring from Rathdown Road into Redford Park.

PLEASE drive slowly across the Blacklion Manor (Lidl) junction and into / out of Redford Park.

Speeding along Redford Park and through the Blacklion Manor junction just causes even more flood water to splash the workers and those of us that have to still use the pavements!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Flooding also at Delgany Hills on R762 beside mini-roundabouts

Flooding at Swimming pool roundabout both on roundabout and approach to roundabout from Charlesland.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There was an accident on the N11 northbound just now after the Greystones exit, traffic down to one lane. Someone obviously aquaplaned onto the central reservation there as there was a huge puddle there.

Lots of people driving at silly speeds when you have no idea if you're going to suddenly come across 6" of standing water just round the next corner, many without any lights on either. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

For me its hard to understand this that with this weather drivers still arent capable of proper behavior on roads. Ppl driving thru water at high speed or going straight into pool/puddles. I almost had an accident at Greystones hill cause of this. Some guy in 4x4 BMW went aquaplaning just inches away from my rear bumper.
    For me its better not to drive if i dont have to. If its not life threatening ppl should stay at home. Shopping can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Yep had a nutter in his BMW nearly take me out earlier he was driving so fast. His 7 series would have destroyed my little car (and us). Please drive safely people.

Advertisement