Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

places that hire chairs

Options
  • 18-01-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend are looking at starting a chair hire business, and try to make a proper go at it, the plastic samsonite chairs at good prices.

We are in the process of brain storming for places that would hire seats like this, eg schools, GAA clubs, sports shows etc.

Is there any other types of places of industry sectors that we might be missing out on, before we start cold calling

thanks paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Hi.
    If it is any help I know a guy who was searching for chairs to rent recently for an Irish Dancing competition. Hopefully that might give you a new type avenue.
    He ended up having a choice of 2 places in the West of Ireland to get them delivered. I believe they were from marquee hire companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

Andrea

how are you? many many thanks for the reply.

Thats the type of things I am talking about, I would never have thought of this. Thanks again

Any more ideas like this keep them coming

cheers Paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Have you any contacts with wedding planners?
    A lot of receptions seem to go on in marquees nowadays and I presume they have to hire in furniture.
    If you are competitive enough it might be worth throwing out a few quotes.
    Good luck with the venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Where are you based?

I have a company providing services within the event industry and regularly work at events alongside companies providing these chairs for both hire and sale such as http://www.totalevent.ie/ , http://www.hireall.ie/ etc...

The likes of schools, colleges etc... would generally buy their own stock from the likes of http://www.screenflexireland.ie/

The event industry is a heavy user of such chairs but in my opinion starting a business that provides chairs only will not work. You will need to provide other related products such as higher quality chairs, tables, linen etc... so that the end client can use one supplier for their seating/furniture needs instead of getting multiple suppliers.

Limiting yourself to the Samsonite chairs wont work either. Such chairs are fine for things like school plays, concerts, short term use, but you will exclude yourself from the corporate market where clients will want more comfort.

I'm writing 'on the go' here so I may have left out some other info that could be helpful but check out the companies above to see their product range.

Advertisement