Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsory 3 months in France

• 18-01-2013 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am currently doing 2nd year French and I'm thinking about compulsory 3 months in France. Where's the best place to work in? I know about Disneyland but as far as I know it's hard to get it. Are there any good cities to go to? Where can I look for a job? I'm looking for any info I can possibly get. Thanks a lot.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Try talking to Jellybeans92 if you can - she worked in Disneyland last year, and might have some advice for you. =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

• Registered Users Posts: 48 laurenpedro123

Quick question on that - how do they check that you did in fact stay in France for three months? I know it's a huge benefit to do so and definitely enriches your degree but for example if you just purchased flight tickets and said you were staying with a relative in France for the three months, how does the college check up on this? (Just curious). Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Quick question on that - how do they check that you did in fact stay in France for three months? I know it's a huge benefit to do so and definitely enriches your degree but for example if you just purchased flight tickets and said you were staying with a relative in France for the three months, how does the college check up on this? (Just curious). Many thanks
    As far as I'm aware they do not consider flight tickets as a proof of stay abroad. They need a proof that you actually used French while being abroad, e.g. a letter from the employer, a family if you are doing the Au Pair, probably a letter from landlord could do as well. Stay abroad cannot consist of 3 months Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 laurenpedro123

Many thanks for that (I'm doing an OU French degree and was just wondering if I did manage to do the literature options afterwards, how the Teaching Council would ensure that I complied with the overseas part of their requirement). Best of luck with your 3 months there - I'm sure you'll love it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement