Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bagel man in market

Options
  • 18-01-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Have not seen him in last few weeks. Missing his bagels-anyone know if he will be there tomorrow or where else they may be available

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

All I was going to say is that he is at the market Sat only. Like the rest of us, I presume he was busy during the holidays. You can pick up his bagels in Dunnes and Joyces, although they are the "with everything" ones which aren't my favourite. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Wouldn't mind having one of his pretzels...nom nom nom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Anyone else notice how onion bagels have become virtually extinct in the supermarkets? Everywhere used to have decent amount of them, now those rank cinnamon and raisin ones have taken over the place!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

McCambridges have exactly the same bagels, at 80% of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

seriously it is the cheese and jalepno ones of his that I love-will check out McCambridges tomorrow too so cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Headline on page 32 of the Galway Advertiser, 17th January: "Man fined and disqualified for dangerous doughnuts".

I sincerely hope that is completely off-topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how onion bagels have become virtually extinct in the supermarkets? Everywhere used to have decent amount of them, now those rank cinnamon and raisin ones have taken over the place!:mad:
    Tesco have the NY Bagel Company ones and the onion flavour are in it, Dunnes have a less flavoured onion too its the Spiegel brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Headline on page 32 of the Galway Advertiser, 17th January: "Man fined and disqualified for dangerous doughnuts".

I sincerely hope that is completely off-topic.

Think whoever wrote that headline is hoping for a job with the OIrish Daily ________ (insert appropriate RedTop). Doesn't do the journalist/editor/paper any favours in my opinion. I have already spoken to two people who read the headline but not the article assuming it's about the lad in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

Think whoever wrote that headline is hoping for a job with the OIrish Daily ________ (insert appropriate RedTop). Doesn't do the journalist/editor/paper any favours in my opinion. I have already spoken to two people who read the headline but not the article assuming it's about the lad in the market.

Inability to read is not the fault of the journo/editor/paper in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hey, back to the point did anyone see him last weekend? I got there too late on Sat and didn't spot him. I checked out McCambridges and while they stock his plain and seeded bagels I didn't see any of the varieties I was after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

http://www.galwaybaybakery.ie/

Contact details on the page if anyone is really pushed.

Carl is the guy who runs the Bakery, he's a nice fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Inability to read is not the fault of the journo/editor/paper in question.

But inability to write/edit/print a headline appropriate to the actual article seems to be a fault of all of the above.

Sorry Mods. Off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭proulx

yep he was there-got my cheese and jalepno bagels yummy, but now all gone so hopefully will get back in again on Saturday

Advertisement