Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in Ireland can do large scale artwork for TEs?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all. I've been giving serious thought to getting some custom artwork for my TE. Only problem is that the only person I know who can do it is Art Hong (aKa "Art's Hobbies") in the US and shipping charges are a bitch to get anything sent here. I'll probably still get the Plexi for the artwork but being temperamental about the artwork, I might make a few different designs before settling on any one thing so if there is someone local who can print the artwork for a TE, I'd prefer doing it that way. So is there anyone in Ireland that can do large high-quality prints?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

^Them for printing.
    For everything else...
    To make some artwork, you just need the following;
    An image manipulation tool (I use GIMP, some people with money swear by photoshop).
    A template to go from, to match up your dimensions.
    A way to find artwork you want on your stick (google :P).

Once you have the template, just push it to your image manipulator, and work from there. I think I'm the only dude in the community with self-made custom art besides Kiki, but it's not hard, just a little time consuming.
    Though be sure to only get wallpaper sized images. To give you an idea of the size you're working with, a Quanba template is about 5k x 3k. I reckon the TE should be close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good sites for high-res game/anime art:

EtTuGamer.net
    Danbooru.donmai.us
    Konachan.com
    yande.re
    MiniTokyo.net

Also, Google/Bing image search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I posted this over in the A&R forum, but I imagine he'd do TE artwork too. He's based in Ireland, hence my suggestion.
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Yeah, I mentioned in a post before, but I imagine it'd get more love here. I know a guy who'll do all your custom-sticker printing for your cabs and whatnot. Might do poster prints too, can't hurt to ask. Send him an email with what you want, design and size wise, and he'll get back to you with a quote. He's done a ton of sign-installations, everything from upmarket retailers to snazzing up boats. So, plenty of experience and flexibility.

He's available at Tonybracken@gmail.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Will do artwork for €8.95 and copy of UMVC3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

i got mine done in the a SNAP printing shop in Drogheda, had to come back the next day to pick it up but then did a top notch job, cheap enough aswell

Advertisement