Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdressing models/cheap haircuts

• 18-01-2013 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I noticed a few threads about hair models but they seemed to be from quite a while ago, so I wanted to ask if anyone has recently got a cheap haircut as a hair model?

I saw an offer with Toni and Guy for a €25 ladies cut in their training academy, which is a fantastic price (particularly as that is the most I could afford), and I've read that their trainee stylists are already very good. Anyone know if this is the case?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know a few of my friends used to go to a training place in Cork and they always got nice cuts and great colours. The students are very well supervised. The one thing they did say was it often took quite a long time as their work was checked really often.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭thesiren

Miaireland wrote: »
    I know a few of my friends used to go to a training place in Cork and they always got nice cuts and great colours. The students are very well supervised. The one thing they did say was it often took quite a long time as their work was checked really often.

Thanks very much. I'm based in Dublin but I assume because it is a 'chain' of hairdressers that it's the same in all branches. I don't mind about how long it takes to be honest, as long as it looks ok! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I've a sister who always goes to Toni and Guy training nights. Gets great colour and cuts but it does take ages.

I've a sister who always goes to Toni and Guy training nights. Gets great colour and cuts but it does take ages.

Thanks very much - I don't mind how long it takes as long as they do a good job for a good price :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Just a word of warning, make sure your voice explicit with the trainee and supervisor, got an awful cut once, the trainee did what I asked and the supervisor "tidied things up" and ruined my hair, I was livid.....
    It looked like a boys hair cut with a few extensions hanging out from it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GingerFire

Think the Peter mark academy still do trainee nights.

Used to get my noggin done there all the time.. I'm out in the stix now :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Loreal acadamy on Hatch Street / Harcourt Street are good

Orlee wrote: »
    Loreal acadamy on Hatch Street / Harcourt Street are good

Thanks - I can't seem to find a good website for them online though so would be slightly more inclined to go for Toni & Guy as they do have a good detailed website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've a few friends who got to House of Colour training school on Wellington Quay and never heard a bad word about them.

I've a few friends who got to House of Colour training school on Wellington Quay and never heard a bad word about them.

Thanks very much. Do you know how much it costs? I can't seem to find anything online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sorry I haven't a clue. You could ring and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I always get mine done in the Robert Chambers academy on Liffey St, they've a branch on Grafton St too. I think it's about €23 for a cut. Always had a good experience, and the one time I didn't (hair was longer on one side) they fixed it for me no problem. It can take a long time though - I've sometimes been in and out in an hour with a more experienced stylist, but other times it's taken 2 - 3 hours. The student's work is checked regularly so you've nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Miaireland wrote: »

Do you know where this was Mia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I remember walking past the Peter Marks training academy once and being invited in for a free haircut. Dems were the days :rolleyes:

Advertisement