Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so what part of Canada are you going to? (poll)

Options
  • 18-01-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

just curious to see where everyone is bound for..

Where bouts you heading? 40 votes

Alberta
    0% 0 votes
    Ontario
    42% 17 votes
    British Colombia
    30% 12 votes
    Other
    27% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Calgary hopefully as soon as i get the visa (If i do:o) heading solo if anyone else thinking of heading round then march-april give me a shout be good head with someone who has a similar plan:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Argh I can't vote. There isn't a 'not sure yet' option. I am somewhat leaning towards Calgary, but then I am questioning if it'l be the best place for me to get work - depending on which sector I want to work in (admin/it/hospitality!) so I am trying to figure out where is deffo the best bet for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

I am already in Other would recommend it loads of jobs here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hopefully Toronto to start off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Heading to Toronto in may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Plan is Calgary for the first year then Vancouver/ Toronto for the second year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

thinking of heading to Calgary April/May time if I get the visa.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Plan is Calgary for the first year then Vancouver/ Toronto for the second year :)

Interesting. Can I ask why? Just wanna see the country or something? I'm looking more into picking the place that will be best jobwise for me (when I figure out what it is I am gonna wanna do!) and go there, so as to be best placed to get a long term visa to stay passed the two year IEC

Yea iam the same want to start off in calgary then maybe hit up van/torento for a while too:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

goin calgary 2 cant w8 gonna be some spot hear dere cryin ou for workers hopein go in april 2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

hdowney wrote: »
    Interesting. Can I ask why? Just wanna see the country or something? I'm looking more into picking the place that will be best jobwise for me (when I figure out what it is I am gonna wanna do!) and go there, so as to be best placed to get a long term visa to stay passed the two year IEC

I want to experience more of the country and meet different people. There's different things about different cities you can't experience unless you're living there. It's a matter of personal preference really :)

WasterEx wrote: »
    I want to experience more of the country and meet different people. There's different things about different cities you can't experience unless you're living there. It's a matter of personal preference really :)

I agree completely :) Never know, when I get there I might fancy more freedom to explore the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Halifax, Nova Scotia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Calgary hopefully as soon as i get the visa (If i do:o) heading solo if anyone else thinking of heading round then march-april give me a shout be good head with someone who has a similar plan:)

heading that way on my own around end may start june

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lovetochill

Alberta for me all the way. Lots of nice cities, beautiful sceneries, friendly people and plenty of jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Vancouver, but am thinking about Montreal......

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Quebec.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Saskatchewan. Ish.
    On the border with Alberta.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Saskatchewan. Ish.
    On the border with Alberta.

Llyodminster?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

Llyodminster?

Yes. I think generally it is considered to be in Alberta, though technically it is in both provinces as the border goes through the city. We will be in the Sask side of it, as are a lot of the new people immigrating there.

Advertisement