Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda area Computer Security

Options
  • 18-01-2013 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I remember reading a thread about a group getting together in drogheda regarding an interest in computer security. I was wondering if the group still meet up, or if anybody was interested in meeting up and try getting to grips with it. Im quite interested in the area of wireless penetration, backtrack, etc. Just a beginner myself but would like to meet other enthusiasts :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Kinda relevent ;) but i had to help a mate out today who had succumed to the "microsoft scam" ie.had taken a call from "microsoft" and followed instructions upto the personal details that were asked,his computer is nowriddled with virus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CheesePlease

eek, I guess he allowed them remote access to his computer..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I remember reading a thread about a group getting together in drogheda regarding an interest in computer security. I was wondering if the group still meet up, or if anybody was interested in meeting up and try getting to grips with it. Im quite interested in the area of wireless penetration, backtrack, etc. Just a beginner myself but would like to meet other enthusiasts :)

Hi CheesePlease

The group your talking about is Lightboxlab, Drogheda's makerspace. Details are on the website www.lightboxlab.ie and we've a Facebook page also https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightboxlab

Details of the next Software and Networking Night below.

Want to start your own app/game development project?

Want to learn TCP/IP, UDP, or what "packet sniffing" is all about?

Want to start learning python / perl or another laguage?

From 22nd January we will be running a software and networking group nights for anyone interested in these topics. The space will be open from 7:15-21:45 for these nights. Every two weeks the space will be open for coding projects along with being able to improve upon your networking skills and to perhaps start your own open-source project with other people in the group. Much like the HW and Electronics group night it promises to bring together various skillsets and levels and have fun putting your plans that you've had on the backburner for too long in motion! If you want to get involved please send a mail to info@lightboxlab.ie for contact details and questions. Spread the word

Advertisement