Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any nice pubs in Tuam for 30 somethings.

Options
  • 18-01-2013 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Thinking of going to Tuam for a few drinks on Saturday night. Any recommendations? Anyone know if it's easy to get a taxi (to Turloughmore)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What are you looking for? A quiet corner? A bustling place? Some place with music?
    Personally, I'm a big fan of The Brogue and the only two pubs I'd hop between would be there and the Rustic Vaults. Canavan's is fairly nice too.

I'd try and get in touch with a taxi or hackney to arrange a time and place to pick you up rather than just hope on one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Thanks Mars Bar.
    I don't want somewhere that's too quiet. Somewhere with a bit of life that I can hear a conversation. I'll try those couple that you recommended. I presume they're near the square in the town. Is there somewhere that might have a bit of music?
    Good tip about booking the taxi. I'll probably do that.
    Is there not a taxi rank in the town near Easons.
    Cheers.

The Rustic Vaults probably won't be for you then!

The Brogue and Canavan's are worth a try and both are near the square. I suppose you could go to the Abbey Tavern too but it really lacks an atmosphere.

There is a taxi rank at Eason's alright and I suppose you wouldn't have problems this time of the year as it's quiet. Booking a taxi is just a habit for us as we try to use the same guy the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The Bridge Bar & The Thatch are good oul spots also if we're goin on a crawl.

Worth checkin out

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

+1 to all the recommendations so far, tht's about it really if you are looking for a place with a decent crowd. Junies is a grand spot to start off the night for a quite one too.

Stay away from the Hi B, tht place is like a Hospice.

...is Dirty Dick's still open these days?!?! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Mr Keek wrote: »
    ...is Dirty Dick's still open these days?!?! ;-)

Hadn't been in there for about 30 years but attended a music gig there a couple of months ago. Place was jam packed. I don't drink but those in my company were guzzling guinness big time so it must have be decent guinness. The performers were Seamas Ruttledge, Leo Moran, Dan Trayers and Mary O'Connor. Fantastic night altogether.

bagels wrote: »
    Hadn't been in there for about 30 years but attended a music gig there a couple of months ago. Place was jam packed. I don't drink but those in my company were guzzling guinness big time so it must have be decent guinness. The performers were Seamas Ruttledge, Leo Moran, Dan Trayers and Mary O'Connor. Fantastic night altogether.

They all played in Dick Fahy's?!

I was in it once and felt dirty afterwards.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    They all played in Dick Fahy's?!

I'm surprised at you.
    From reading your posts in this forum for the past couple of years, you've always seemed to have your finger on the pulse of what's happening locally.
    You missed a great night.

photo.php?fbid=457066267668195&set=a.279762548731902.66801.100000944783440&type=1&relevant_count=1

photo.php?fbid=459270594114429&set=a.279762548731902.66801.100000944783440&type=1&relevant_count=1

photo.php?fbid=10151157303377809&set=a.202066867808.127409.580142808&type=1&relevant_count=1

photo.php?fbid=4838235987541&set=t.100000944783440&type=1&permPage=1

I'm seeing blue squares linking to my facebook!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm seeing blue squares linking to my facebook!

Sorry, they were supposed to be pictures of the gig.
    Look at Seamus Ruttledge facebook page circa november last for photos, etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 skylock

The Brogue is grand as is the Man of Aran,they are lively enough pubs.The rustic is great for a chat as is the Hare Inn,they have a Taxi on call at the Hare Inn at all times and turloughmore would be no problem for him.The thatch always has a great crowd .The Connaught Arms or Dicks usually has a great day crowd.

Advertisement