Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving and taking up Accountancy

• 18-01-2013 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

There's a 80% chance that I'll be repeating my leaving cert in September and I've made a decision to drop higher Religion all together, the only problem is I need to pick up another higher level subject. I've been thinking about Accountancy, Economics or Home Economics. I know it will be difficult to learn two years worth of work in one year but I'm willing to put a **** load of effort in. Thoughts on what subjects I should pick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Economics. Very doable in one year, many people do it and it is easier than Accounting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Shauna30895

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Economics. Very doable in one year, many people do it and it is easier than Accounting anyway.

Even in higher level?

Even in higher level?

Yes.

Grand thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

Repeating my leaving this year, took up Accounting and Economics. Economics is really interesting and easy to do in a year. Accounting is tough and time consuming but definitely possible to get an A1 in a year. I wouldnt recommend Home Ec in one year because the project has to be handed up by the end of October and its a large course

• Advertisement

Are you doing higher level in either of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭shawki

Ya in both, If your only looking for one new subject i'd pick economics. The paper has a lot of choice 9 short Q's Do 6 25% 8 long Q's do 4 75%

I'm looking for two subjects.. Looking to do higher in both aswell :/

Why do you have to repeat? There's still time to get what you want this time...

It's a back up.. Just incase

• Advertisement

It's a back up.. Just incase

If I were you I'd forget about it, concentrate on doing well this June, and you can worry about this in the summer again if need be.

Advertisement