Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What taxes must I pay?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,

Today in the post I finally received my Business Name, now I'm on to the next step, finding out what taxes I have to pay. I'm only 13 and therefore have been led to believe that I must not pay a few taxes. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows what taxes I must pay? Here is some information, if you need any other info, just ask!

- I'm a sole trader.
    - I'm 13.
    - I will be selling a service.
    - Any of my services will most likely be web-based.
    - I'm in second year.

Thanks for any and all replies!
    ~Seán

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

See stickies at the top, they have links to www.revenue.ie. Read the stuff about sole traders and self-assessment.

Your age does not really come into it, the amount that you earn does. Ring the tax office and ask if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

I suspect that your income is quite small so on that basis it would be covered by your basic personal tax credit.

Similarly it would be not subject to USC provided your total income is less then the USC exemption limit which is about €10036.

If you earn less then €5000 you are exempt PRSI

If you want to put "belt and braces" on it you could download a Form 12 from revenue.ie and submit it to revenue.

Have fun.

Dbran

Advertisement