Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Tattoo

Options
  • 18-01-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi guys,

This is probably a ridiculous question but sure I'll ask anyway. I'm looking to get my first tattoo in the coming weeks and think I will be heading to Snakebite as I have heard many good recommendations for it. The tattoo that I am looking to get is quite small and simple (only 8 letters in total). Knowing nothing about tattoo etiquette and after observing the many brilliant detailed pieces on their website, I am wondering if asking for such a small simple tattoo would cause offense or seem demeaning to the artist.

Reading that back I know it sounds ridiculous but I am just trying to ensure that the getting of this tattoo isn't a horrifically awkward situation (I'm a very socially awkward person haha)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

No they'll be used to knocking out script all the time. Minimum charge is €60 in Snakebite now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 J0E_90

Thanks for the quick reply! Another first-timer question here, is €60 a lot for such a tattoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

J0E_90 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply! Another first-timer question here, is €60 a lot for such a tattoo?

No 60 euro would be below average minimum price in Dublin.

No 60 euro would be below average minimum price in Dublin.

What is the minimum charge of most places in Dublin? No idea only be tattooed once in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Hi guys,

This is probably a ridiculous question but sure I'll ask anyway. I'm looking to get my first tattoo in the coming weeks and think I will be heading to Snakebite as I have heard many good recommendations for it. The tattoo that I am looking to get is quite small and simple (only 8 letters in total). Knowing nothing about tattoo etiquette and after observing the many brilliant detailed pieces on their website, I am wondering if asking for such a small simple tattoo would cause offense or seem demeaning to the artist.

Reading that back I know it sounds ridiculous but I am just trying to ensure that the getting of this tattoo isn't a horrifically awkward situation (I'm a very socially awkward person haha)

Out of interest Joe whats are the letters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What is the minimum charge of most places in Dublin? No idea only be tattooed once in Dublin.

Im not 100% certain but I think most places have a 70 to 80 euro minimum charge that ive seen or been in.

And yeah it probably is considering how long it takes, but there aren't many places in the whole country who don't operate a minimum charge of €50+. And Sean and Denise in Snakebite are both good artists.

Marsden wrote: »
    Out of interest Joe whats are the letters?

Tír na nÓg.

My grandad used to tell me the story all the time when i was a kid, plus 'land of eternal youth' seems pretty fitting for a tattoo

Tír na nÓg.

My grandad used to tell me the story all the time when i was a kid, plus 'land of eternal youth' seems pretty fitting for a tattoo
    Ok, I thought it Joe was an alias and you were getting your name tattooed on you.

Ok, I thought it Joe was an alias and you were getting your name tattooed on you.

haha no I wouldn't be the biggest fan of people's own name as their tattoos

• Advertisement

haha no I wouldn't be the biggest fan of people's own name as their tattoos
    Good for anmesiacs though. Whereabouts on you is it going? If its your first its probably best kept above the elbow. That way after a few years if you regret having it done it won't be as noticeable.

Good for anmesiacs though. Whereabouts on you is it going? If its your first its probably best kept above the elbow. That way after a few years if you regret having it done it won't be as noticeable.

Yeah above the elbow is the plan. Like the idea of there anyway plus I have a mother who would disown me if I got it anywhere that can't be hidden by a t-shirt. She believes tattoos from the elbow down are off-putting to employers

She believes tattoos from the elbow down are off-putting to employers
    If you went for an interview in a t-shirt they would be. I was told a while ago about semi-permanent tatoo's (they last for 10 years or so). If you've any hesitation about getting a proper one it could be worth re-searching. I only mention this because I got my first tatoo at 15 and some of them I can't stand, they can be great if they're definitely what you want but make sure its something you want on you forever.

If you went for an interview in a t-shirt they would be. I was told a while ago about semi-permanent tatoo's (they last for 10 years or so). If you've any hesitation about getting a proper one it could be worth re-searching. I only mention this because I got my first tatoo at 15 and some of them I can't stand, they can be great if they're definitely what you want but make sure its something you want on you forever.

I've been considering this for 3 years so I'm pretty 100% on it. Will be getting it sooner rather that later. I'll be sure to post a picture up

Advertisement