Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the name of a track.

Options
  • 18-01-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I'm looking for the name of a track that was played on 'The Weekender' back on the 21st of December. It seems that the blogs detailing the playlists haven't been updated on the phantom website since the end of November. I emailed live@phantom.ie back at the end of December with this question but haven't gotten a response. Is that the appropriate email address for questions like these? Should I expect a response at all?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Hum the tune there and I'll see if I know it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

give us some details about the song and we might be able to help you figure it out.

it would have been Tim O'Donovan presenting the show back then, so maybe give him a shout on twitter and he might help ( https://twitter.com/Neosupervital ).
    he left Phantom a couple of weeks ago, so Phantom probably won't be able to help now....

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deediddums

Hi there, can you describe the track and I'll take a look at the playlist from that night - I think I was on then. Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There used to be Phantom presenters on this forum all the time who were great at answering these questions but most of them have been let go / moved on now. The forum mod is Simon Maher who (unfortunately) is gone from Phantom a couple of years now. In fact I no longer see the need for Phantom to have its own forum anymore - it could be bunged in to the main radio forum at this stage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Wow, thanks for the responses. I'm pretty sure it was a remix, possibly of a track called 'Friends' and possibly by a guy called 'something'-Bullet perhaps? It was kind of thrashy electro, Justice-esque even. It was played at around 9.45 that evening if it helps.

I heard it while driving and pumped up the car stereo to a volume that can only be described as; probably illegal. As evidence of how awesome the track was, I saw a dude with earphones in, standing at a bus stop, raving like a madman, exactly in time with the song and sympathetic to the contours. We made eye contact briefly and shared an ecstatic fist pump before I drove off. It was truly an awesome track, cheers for the help anyway guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deediddums

Haha glad to hear you enjoyed it and it wasn't hard to identify with that description! The track you are looking for is 'I'm His Girl - Friends - Jake Bullit Remix'. I got it off a Maison Kitsune compilation which you can get on iTunes. Here it is on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcEpOc9N4Vw

Enjoy!
    Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Awesome, such a sweet track, thanks for your help!

Advertisement