Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jst bought a sony experia J on meteor

Options
  • 18-01-2013 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

when I put my sim card from my last phone into it , says my sim

"sim card is locked / no service"

what do i do now?

also no headphones with the phone -bit **** that:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What network were you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

meteor, bought it from meteor as well. will just pop in tomorrow and get it sorted out, seems an alright phone -is it standard not to get headphones with sony phones? first time buying a sony

think I have it working, but none of my contacts are on the sony with the sim card in?

sorry for all the questions

1. What was your old phone?
    2. Headphones are only on some phones, AFAIK.
    3. Download the 'Hotmail' app from the Play store. That'll work.

thanks for your reply

old phone was a nokia 6700 and I saved all my contacts onto the sim and using the same sim on the sony now

my nokia 6700 still works except for the screen went -gone completely black -that is the reason I bought a new one

Firstly, as far as I know the SIM Card needs to be cut or resized for the new phone- was that done?

• Advertisement

says on the instructions that only a normal sim will work and not the micro ones etc, asked as well in the shop and they said just use my current sim -that seems to work but no contacts coming up

however in the box a clear light blue piece of plastic size of my sim came but has no mention as to what it is or what you do with it

If they said it, that's grand. I just thought the new Xperia NXT range used micro sims.

Can you post a picture of the plastic thing please.

yeah ill try in the next hour, probably guessed but im pretty terrible with any technology and im not even old to use as my excuse !

No bother: it may be this, or similar?

microsimadapter.jpg

yes looks similar, same size and in a clear plastic but now ive seen that pic, could be for slotting your micro sim on to put in the phone

• Advertisement

That's exactly what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Turn off the phone and turn it on again. This time, wait for it to say enter PIN and enter your PIN! You bypassed that.

thanks

think I have everything set up now, whenI go to contacts it says it is empty even if i type in the names on search

I manually typed in a number and dialled it and the name came up as to who I was dialling -just a case of locating where my contacts all are

I havent had a smart phone before but im quite pleased with it, wasnt too dear/cheap and so far seems good

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I think it's something to do with Xperia J itself. The missus got Vodafone via Cherry points recently and she's had a nightmare trying to add people into contacts aswell.

I thought it might just be her sim (regular one, not microsim) so we went to the Vodafone shop to have them take a look at it and one of the staffers copied the numbers over for us but it took 3 attempts before they stayed on the phone. Strangely, its just Contacts as Viber and Whatsapp aren't causing any grief.

She's updated to the latest firmware (11.7.05 or something) and has installed the calibration tool update to ensure it doesn't cause lag that the update does but she still has the problem when it comes to adding people to her contacts list. I thought it might just be the sim because its a few years old but apparently its not.

Seeing as you're with meteor I'd suggest you drop into the shop and get them to try to save the contacts into your phone - just be aware that it might take a few attempts to do so. Fwiw, that piece of plastic you get is for microsim so that it'll fit into your phone.

thanks very much for your help, will try that today - bit of a pain if this does turn out to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

When you go into your contacts on the phone press the button on the bottom right of the screen, this brings up a menu, choose Filter from this menu and you should be able to display your contacts from your SIM

nice one YDM, has done the trick! thanks

Advertisement