Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tattooist in Dublin to do a sleeve

Options
  • 18-01-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Was looking for info on who would be the best to get to do a sleeve tattoo,possibly a religious or a polynesian 1.....who would ye recomend,as i dont no to many artists but ive heard of a few names snakebite,zulu,,,pawel to name but a few so looking for some info...
    cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thefranman wrote: »
    Was looking for info on who would be the best to get to do a sleeve tattoo,possibly a religious or a polynesian 1.....who would ye recomend,as i dont no to many artists but ive heard of a few names snakebite,zulu,,,pawel to name but a few so looking for some info...
    cheers:)

Well I think first thing first you need to decide what you actually want done religious and polynesian are two very different styles and until your sure about what you want dont go getting a tattoo. Dont just get a tattoo for the sake of getting one because you think its cool get it because its something you really want and have put a lot of thought into less chance you will regret it later that way ;).

Plus who people will recommend will differ depending on the style you of tattoo you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thefranman

it will be a religious 1 ive looked at a good few on sites but would like something that no1 really has,wouldnt want to be goin down the street and meeting a lad with same tattoo if you no what i mean...Like it will be my 1st tattoo but ive always liked a sleeve tattoo and and looking for help on finding the right artist for me!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you're going for a religious style, I'd recommend Pawel in Skin City, he does some lovely work.

Id say for religious Pawel he has a waiting list but well worth the wait or Remis Cizauskas if your willing to wait even longer.

Id say for religious Pawel he has a waiting list but well worth the wait or Remis Cizauskas if your willing to wait even longer.
    Do pawel and remis work from the same studio or different business's

• Advertisement

Thefranman wrote: »
    Do pawel and remis work from the same studio or different business's

Pawel works from Skin City and Remis works for himself as far as I know. Remis is absolutely amazing, but has a very long waiting list and is quite expensive, so if you don't want to wait for ages, I'd go to Pawel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Pawel works from Skin City and Remis works for himself as far as I know. Remis is absolutely amazing, but has a very long waiting list and is quite expensive, so if you don't want to wait for ages, I'd go to Pawel.

Remis is in Australia at the moment (his Facebook page says so), having emailed Skin City last week Remis goes for around €150 an hour. Pawel is €100 an hour. Waiting time with Pawel seems to be about 60-90 days.

Dermighty wrote: »
    Remis is in Australia at the moment (his Facebook page says so), having emailed Skin City last week Remis goes for around €150 an hour. Pawel is €100 an hour. Waiting time with Pawel seems to be about 60-90 days.

Remis is currently travelling yes, but he will be back in March as im booked in, in March to continue on my own piece ;). Remis doesnt work out of Skin City hasn't in a long time before he left to go travelling he was using Zulu Tattoo's studio independtly so why Skin City were quoting Remis prices is beyond me. But when applying for Remis you can expect a long waiting list I myself was on it for nearly a year before I got my first sitting. Pawel yes two to three months is the normal for him. Both worth waiting for imo.

Thanks for the info folks.......have seen alot of there work,pretty tasty

Remis is currently travelling yes, but he will be back in March as im booked in, in March to continue on my own piece ;). Remis doesnt work out of Skin City hasn't in a long time before he left to go travelling he was using Zulu Tattoo's studio independtly so why Skin City were quoting Remis prices is beyond me. But when applying for Remis you can expect a long waiting list I myself was on it for nearly a year before I got my first sitting. Pawel yes two to three months is the normal for him. Both worth waiting for imo.

I emailed Skin City and they said that he used to work there and that he was around 150 an hour. I assumed he would go back, I've no idea what other tattoo shops he's worked at. I didn't know he'd be back in March, that's great, I'd like to get an appointment with him myself, the wait doesn't bother me because it'd give me time to get the idea right in my head :)

• Advertisement

I emailed Skin City and they said that he used to work there and that he was around 150 an hour. I assumed he would go back, I've no idea what other tattoo shops he's worked at. I didn't know he'd be back in March, that's great, I'd like to get an appointment with him myself, the wait doesn't bother me because it'd give me time to get the idea right in my head :)

Just check out his Facebook page for updates and things like that. Skin City were a bit silly giving that price, he hasn't worked there for ages and only works for himself now, so they shouldn't really be doing that, unless they said that that is what he used to charge with them or something.

His waiting list is around the 12 month mark AFAIK.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Skin City were a bit silly giving that price, he hasn't worked there for ages and only works for himself now, so they shouldn't really be doing that, unless they said that that is what he used to charge with them or something.

answered by:
    I emailed Skin City and they said that he used to work there and that he was around 150 an hour.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

12 months is an ok time to wait for the quality. Not really sure I want anything done in that style so I can take it or leave it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Sounds a bit overpriced what they're quoting for Remis. I'm nearly certain I got mine for e100.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Sounds a bit overpriced what they're quoting for Remis. I'm nearly certain I got mine for e100.

I'm pretty sure Marty is on 150 an hour for him.

Yeh Remis price has gone up he now charges 150 an hour, still worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Fair enough if his prices have gone up then. Still worth every penny.

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Fair enough if his prices have gone up then. Still worth every penny.

Even if he went up to 300 an hour, I'd consider him worth it. I'd cry because I'd never afford him, but I'd consider it worth it. :pac:

Advertisement