Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge tailback on motorway

• 18-01-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭

Just coming in from Castletroy area and there's a massive tailback from a crash near the turn off towards the retail park/ballysimon road. Looks like people were being cut out of the car, tailback was unreal, stretched back towards the exit to Dooradoyle.never seen a traffic jam like it in Limerick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

Was stuck in it for over an hour there was a horse loose on the motorway too still there after the crash was cleared so be careful if you're heading that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Has it cleared? from what I saw there were a few ambulances and fire engines, may have been cutting someone out of a car, was passing in the other direction so didnt get much more than a glance

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

krudler wrote: »
    Just coming in from Castletroy area and there's a massive tailback from a crash near the turn off towards the retail park/ballysimon road. Looks like people were being cut out of the car, tailback was unreal, stretched back towards the exit to Dooradoyle.never seen a traffic jam like it in Limerick

I passed going the opposite direction at half five, and spotted blue lights just before ballysimon. Hope no one has been badly hurt (or indeed stuck there for 2 hours).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

What part of the interchange was at fault here? Everytime I use it - I say there will be a crash here some day and people will be hurt badly. From the people that don't know how to use the slip road to the morons who join the motorway ahead of everyone else i.e. crossing the solid white line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Mc Love wrote: »
    What part of the interchange was at fault here? Everytime I use it - I say there will be a crash here some day and people will be hurt badly. From the people that don't know how to use the slip road to the morons who join the motorway ahead of everyone else i.e. crossing the solid white line.

The crash was on the motorway not the slip road near the Annacotty bridge. weather conditions were terrible and the traffic was heavy. Just hope that nobody was seriously injured.
    You are always going to get accidents at major junctions that's the nature of driving and some of the eejits on the road think they can squeeze through after the lights or charge down the slip road expecting Moses to part the ways for them to join the flow of traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Agent_99 wrote: »

The crash was on the motorway not the slip road near the Annacotty bridge. weather conditions were terrible and the traffic was heavy. Just hope that nobody was seriously injured.
    You are always going to get accidents at major junctions that's the nature of driving and some of the eejits on the road think they can squeeze through after the lights or charge down the slip road expecting Moses to part the ways for them to join the flow of traffic.

Saying that you always get A$$HOLES who won't slow down/ speed up to allow you to merge

Edit: Would like to add I hope the person ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

HI Guys, did any of you find out what caused the crash? I myself was stuck in it for 40mins and all I could see was one car turned 180deg in the middle of the motorway badly mashed, no sign of any other cars involved?

Hope the girl in the car was okay, car was a right mess

Advertisement