Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

massey estate kilakee woods

Options
  • 18-01-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

does anybody have any info on the ruins in kilakee woods? i seen something there a few years ago and the only info i could find on the net was the name of the place from a fellow boardsie id love to find out the history of the place.is it haunted?has anybody else seen or felt anything here? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

ps, what i seen was a hooded figure moving diagonally up the inside of the perimeter wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Check out "If Those Trees Could Speak"
    The Story of an Ascendancy Family in Ireland
    by Frank Tracy
    Published a few years ago - the pdf is actually on the south dublin library website:
    http://source.southdublinlibraries.ie/bitstream/10599/4924/2/If%20Those%20Trees%20Could%20Speak.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,508 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The building your talking about is called the Hell Fire Club, plenty of stories about it.

ted1 wrote: »
    The building your talking about is called the Hell Fire Club, plenty of stories about it.
    not the hellfire Ted im very familiar with the history of that place,if you reach kilakee house continue straight through the barrier into the woods and its about 150yards in downhill to the left,where i seen this thing looks like the remains of a walked garden or orchard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭oceanman

i think that was part of the old 'massy' estate.

• Advertisement

oceanman wrote: »
    i think that was part of the old 'massy' estate.
    yeah that's the name of the place alright,but nobody seems to know anything about it.the apparition i seen sacred the bejayzus outta me.even in the daytime it has a really strange vibe.id love to find out more

minikin wrote: »
    Check out "If Those Trees Could Speak"
    The Story of an Ascendancy Family in Ireland
    by Frank Tracy
    Published a few years ago - the pdf is actually on the south dublin library website:
    http://source.southdublinlibraries.ie/bitstream/10599/4924/2/If%20Those%20Trees%20Could%20Speak.pdf
    interesting read

the 'big house' belonged to lord massy was demolished many years ago when the massy estate ran ito debt. as far as i know there is a modern bungalow on the same site now. can you describe what you seen there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

The Black Cat of Killakee is a story related to the area, would that be what you are looking for?

http://www.hellfireclubdublin.com/irish-hellfire-club-dublin.php

the 'big house' belonged to lord massy was demolished many years ago when the massy estate ran ito debt. as far as i know there is a modern bungalow on the same site now. can you describe what you seen there?
    it was a robed figure moving diagonally up the inside of the perimeter wall.i seen it in august 1999 while camping up there.

• Advertisement

it was a robed figure moving diagonally up the inside of the perimeter wall.i seen it in august 1999 while camping up there.

that sounds ceepy alright!

that sounds ceepy alright!
    scared the living crap outta me! ill head up again when the weather picks up and take a few pics,always feel like somebody is watching me up there,always an unsettling vibe in and around that part of the forest.also camped in front of the hellfire a few times,but neither me or any of the group experienced anything.

i ment to put an 'r' in there and say creepy.lol.
    the the house that most people call kilakee was actually the stable yard for kilakee house that was demolished, i think the old stone water tank that fed the house with fresh water is still there in the woods to be seen.

Advertisement