Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Packard Bell Easynote LE11BZ-E304G50Mnks LED/LCD 17,3" - €318

• 18-01-2013 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Also a possible €50 Cashback.
    Not for everyone, as it's Packard Bell, and it's not a gaming laptop. Pretty basic.

But. It is possible to get an extra €50 Cashback, bringing the price down to €268.

That's pretty good for a 17.3" Laptop with the spec it has.
    Info about Cashback (Similar form) - HERE
    Main Form here - https://packardbell-windows8.customsolutions.fr/contact.php?LNG=EN

You must reject Windows 8 licence when booting, and send it back to them. You can then install Ubuntu or whatever you choose.

LINK TO PURCHASE PACKARD BELL LE11BZ - €318 Delivered.
    Product Description:
    Packard Bell - Easynote
    Product Type: Notebook
    Processor: AMD E series
    Hard disk capacity: 500 GB
    RAM: 4GB
    Graphics Card: AMD A68M Fusion
    Battery: 6-cell
    10/100 Ethernet: No
    Wifi: Yes
    Bluetooth: Yes
    Built-in 3G: No
    Webcam: Yes
    Color: Black
    Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I bought a PB laptop with similar specs about 3 and a half years ago and it's still going strong. I'm a newly qualified computing student so it's after getting a hell of a lot of use over that time. I paid about 800 at the time for mine and never had a problem with it so this looks like a great bargain. Don't let the fact that you may not have heard of PB in about 10 years put you off :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I bought a PB laptop with similar specs about 3 and a half years ago and it's still going strong. I'm a newly qualified computing student so it's after getting a hell of a lot of use over that time. I paid about 800 at the time for mine and never had a problem with it so this looks like a great bargain. Don't let the fact that you may not have heard of PB in about 10 years put you off :p

Yep. I think it's a good deal. For €268, Possibly cheaper (looking at similar offer with cheaper shipping).

They are owned by Acer now (Since a few years ago), and have been slowly rebuilding their reputation. I'm looking at buying it, trying to justify it..
    I have spent that on a lesser spec'd 2nd hand laptop..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ah well. I shouldn't have hesitated. Back up to €394 + shipping now. Both i was looking at were the same seller..

€364 with cashback. I wouldn't buy it for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Was looking before Christmas and found the laptops on E-Bay to be cheaper than Amazon.

http://deals.ebay.co.uk/spoke/electronics/laptops_&_desktops

Advertisement