Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Recommendation

• 18-01-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi, was thinking of a couple of nights in Limerick for a change with the gf in February. Was looking at the Absolut (which I have stayed in before) and the Clarion. Can get the former for €130 for two nights and the latter for €150. Anyone want to helo me choose?

We just want a relaxing break, we don't see a lot of each other at the moment unfortunately. Would enjoy browsing around the Milk Market on Saturday, nice meals etc, any other recommendations on what to do welcome :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Haven't stayed in either because I'm local but the Clarion is a little further out from the city center so would probably go with the Absolute if it was me, it's currently ranked No2 on Tripadvisor, Clarion is No7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Was in the Strand a while back, central, car park, etc.

Corn store for dinner. Sage for lunch. Breakfast in Limerick on a Sunday can be hard to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The Strand is a great spot, she will be well impressed with you if you stay there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I'd say the Strand or the George, I've stayed in both. Both in great location and very nice hotels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

....they're both OK...
    Savoy is light yrs ahead of both, Hamptons Restaurant, fine dining upstairs in Market Brasserie, cocktails in the bar!!

Rooms are the best on offer in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

moby2101 wrote: »
    ....they're both OK...
    Savoy is light yrs ahead of both, Hamptons Restaurant, fine dining upstairs in Market Brasserie, cocktails in the bar!!

Rooms are the best on offer in Limerick.

Yeah, but I'd say he wants some money left over to spend sound the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

..its not that much more than either if the others the op mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

If you can afford it, stay at no.1 pery square. It is a small boutique hotel. You've not stayed in a hotel til you've stayed here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

If you can afford it, stay at no.1 pery square. It is a small boutique hotel. You've not stayed in a hotel til you've stayed here!

Forgot about there, that place is class. Little bit further out than the others, when I say that I mean its a realistic 5 minute walk from the city centre, rather than the 2 minutes walk for the others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Thanks for all recommendations folks, will look into them all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement