Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballykilty Manor

• 18-01-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what's going on with this place? It's been closed for years but I remember going there a couple of times as a nipper to play pitch and putt. Well after a quick google search I found this on daft.ie.

As I remembered it, it was a beautiful old country house with well maintained stables and gardens, now it's in a very sorry state and almost looks unfit for repair. This goes a long way to explaining what happened. It's seems like Ballykilty is just another victim of the collapse of our economy.

Very sad...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

Yes, I too remember Ballykilty Manor when it was open as a hotel. Its very unlikely that it will now be restored as a hotel in the present economic climate. It's an awful pity that we do not have an organisation like the National Trust in this country like they have in the UK, so that heritage buildings could be restored if they are not viable as commercial businesses. It looks like Ballykilty Manor could join the other numerous ruined great houses that litter our landscape.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 scrawnyass

I remember pitch and putt in Ballykilty back in my young innocent days. So sad to see what has happened.

Advertisement